• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    About the most you have to worry from a garter snake is it'll poop on you when you handle it.
    We used to catch garter snakes when I was a kid in NW Indiana, and the smaller ones we tended to come across didn't even have any teeth that we could see.
    Even if they bit you they're just "gumming" you.

We would catch them, and put them in our windbreakers in a zipper pocket, then take them to school in 7th grade.
    We'd pull them out of our pockets and the girls would scream and we'd laugh, then let the snakes go after a few days.

Actually, spiders in my house bug me more than non-poisonous snakes, because they CAN bite you (usually when you're asleep), most all of them are poisonous to varying degrees and they can leave a nasty wound.

A friend of mine a couple of years ago had a welt that began to grow and kill off the flesh til he finally went to the doctor.
    They said it was spider bite and likely happened when he was asleep in bed.
    It turnned out to be a nasty wound that took some time to heal.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Sounds like a Brown Recluse. ugh.

If I could choose one species to eliminate, that would be it. I'd rather get a black widow bite.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Do you not take dumps in the house? I've been bit by cats. Never had a problem.

I don't take dumps in a box and expect my keeper to clean it up. I mostly use either a flushable (and working toilet) or the neighbors mailbox (or pillowcase if I've broken in) when I feel the need to make a poopie.

If you're going to eat a cat, do NOT microwave it. Slow cook over an open fire. They aren't great but not the worst thing I've eaten.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That's what I thought too, but when it started coiling up and opening it's mouth at me again, I almost lost it in more ways than one. I did shake it some to make it hang back down since I was only half way to the barn. Doing the shutter dance again just thinking about it.

i got bit by a garder snake like that. picked it up at the tail and it came around and got my arm.

I guess he was referring to the bigguns.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    And those eye's, Ahhhhhhhh :runaway:, soooo un-natural.

Why what do you mean.... Are you talking about these eyes?

BabyBlue.jpg

Or is this more what your talking about?

shiro92.jpg

Oh, I bet these are the ones that you hate so much...Isn't she BEAUTIFUL!!!

LilMu.jpg

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    For me it's the startle factor that makes me dislike snakes and mice so much. I really don't mind snakes as long as they don't starle me. I'd rather move them away from the house, which I usually do, but I don't usually use my hands. As Beau called me the other day... I'm a big Sissy.:wavey:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    For me it's the startle factor that makes me dislike snakes and mice so much. I really don't mind snakes as long as they don't starle me. I'd rather move them away from the house, which I usually do, but I don't usually use my hands. As Beau called me the other day... I'm a big Sissy.:wavey:
    Don't feel bad. I am one too. I just play tough on the interwebz.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    It seems a lot of people on here dislike cats. Not that i dislike dogs or anything but i wouldnt give my cat up for nothing. I had a teacher back in high school try to argue with me that dogs were better because they were so loyal that you could hit them and they would still love you. I like an animal that judges people based on how you act towards them. Yes cats do use litter boxes but i prefer that over watching where i step in the yard. Not only that but if you have an out door cat it will dig a hole, do its business, then cover it. Plus cats are self entertained. I dont have to walk him, or play with him if i dont want too. Plus the king of the jungle is a big cat, so thats gotta count for something:dunno:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

Agree with the startle factor. Was out at our woods with my dad and my friend Friday (tsumani-related parts shortages, 3 day weekends!) and noticed the "old" camper we use for storage had its door ajar, apparently it hadn't latched good last time we were out there...

I told my friend never to go in there without a gun and taking a good look around first, and be careful, the floor is rotting, and we've had "copper-colored" critters in there before...

Sure enough, I stick my head in and take a peek around, and as I look to the left, about a foot away from my face against the inside of the wall is a pair of eyes and tongue flicking out... I jump back, unholster, lead back in SLOWLY with the gun to take a better peek...

Blacksnake, not copperhead, but still, a foot away from my head, snakes startle me!

Top Bottom