• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Great day for all us Hoosiers. We won a great battle, and now we can be armed while going to and from work. (assuming we work in Indiana) I have never been more proud or supportive of everyone who made this change happen. I carry all the time on the weekend, but now I can legally have a weapon in my car during the week. Great time for all of us 2nd Amendment advocates. I have no reason to discuss with my fellow workers that I am carrying a gun in my car, but I do feel very happy that after work my gun is there to see I have a safe trip home. I can truly feel safe every hour of the week. Lets hope all the restritions to our gun ownership are erased, and lets also hope that someday we can legally carry in the state of Illinois, and the city of Chicago.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    My employer sent out an email today reminding us that we are one of the places that we still cannot carry to.

And then one of my coworkers forwarded the message to me again with a note saying how I need to leave the firearms at home (she was kidding - she knows I wouldn't bring it/them).

I responded and let her know with certainty that I knew the ins and outs of the law months ago, so no worries on me making that mistake. Thank you INGO! :rockwoot:

(Although boo on not being able to carry to work. :xmad:)

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    If I ever did have occasion to have a gun in my car while I was at work, I would never let anyone at work know it. Just because I am supposedly "protected" now doesn't mean they wouldn't find a reason to fire me.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    For the first time. I plan on keeping silent, I don't want to scare the sheeples, however I am thankful that I am now able to do so.

Thank you State of Indiana!

I carry every day, including at work. I'm lucky that I don't have to tuck in my shirt. Nobody here knows, nor will they as a result of this post, since I'm intentionally posting via my blackberry and completely bypassing their network entirely. Including all their web filters. This is MY Blackberry, NOT theirs!

Hooray for technology and having independent web access!
    As Jack Ryan said, somebody will find out. I've found that many people don't realize that the internet is not as cloudy as they think and that they are quite visible to others. Simply the fact that many use the same usernames and avatars on forums and social networking sites. Signatures work also as clues as do sentence structure, grammar and commonly used phrases.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I think I said on another forum, that it's more of a shallow victory than anything.

We're a right to work state and they can axe you for no reason whatsoever. If they think you have a gun in your car, and they don't "want" you to, they can fire you anyway. It's a step in the right direction, but it's a baby step.

As far as not talking about it, that's basically no different than before either. You don't blab, they don't find out. It really changes nothing in how I go about my life.

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    some that work for that company just ignore the red book

:shady:

From what I understand, the company with that book has already addressed the topic. When an employee there is under suspicion of having a firearm in their vehicle, there will be a call to the police to request a search warrant for that vehicle on the suspicion of theft (paper, pen, equipment, etc.). The police may then legally enter the vehicle for a search and will provide the employer with an inventory of the search.

Now.... that assumes that the company with that color book can get the police to play ball to that extent. Also, I can imagine all sort of legal issues that result from a "false" accusation as well as being profiled/targeted. The leadership there is very, very concerned about this (their words) "problem".

I just hate that people are forfeiting their rights just because of where they work.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    XDM40smallB.jpg

+
    IMG_4193.jpg

+
    6a00d83452b1e169e2010535c06357970b-800wi

=
    yes-carry-concealed.jpg

Personally, I dislike leaving my firearm in the car. You might think it's secure...but it really isn't. Ever notice that it has wheels? :D

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have been carrying every day in my vehicle since I was legally able to have a firearm. Had a short shotty until I was old enough to get what was then called a permit.

Company that I am with now is anti-gun on the premises. None of the management team has even brought up the new Indiana law. It doesn't change my status, as I never told them anyhow.

There are a couple people that were starting to get kind of loud about the upcoming law. I pulled them aside and gave my opinion that if they want you out, they will find a reason. That shut at least one of them up.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new law. It is a great stepping stone. But we all know what happens when you get a couple of anti people working against you. Just isn't worth the headache.

For me though, even in this economy, I will gladly get fired and draw a little unemployment while looking for another job before I stop carrying in my vehicle.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    ...We're a right to work state and they can axe you for no reason whatsoever...

Uh, no we're not. Right concept, wrong terminology. We are an "at-will" employment state meaning that you are employed at the will of the employer who may lose its will to employ you at any time for any reason of its chosing so long as it is not discriminatory (i.e. for race, gender, age, disability, etc.)

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Great day for all us Hoosiers. We won a great battle, and now we can be armed while going to and from work. (assuming we work in Indiana) I have never been more proud or supportive of everyone who made this change happen. I carry all the time on the weekend, but now I can legally have a weapon in my car during the week. Great time for all of us 2nd Amendment advocates. I have no reason to discuss with my fellow workers that I am carrying a gun in my car, but I do feel very happy that after work my gun is there to see I have a safe trip home. I can truly feel safe every hour of the week. Lets hope all the restritions to our gun ownership are erased, and lets also hope that someday we can legally carry in the state of Illinois, and the city of Chicago.

It's never been illegal to take a gun to work in general. Most employers could only fire you for it. Only a few could and still can have you arrested for it. This new bill just protects you from getting fired for having your gun in your car at work. However I do look for some employers to start firing people for some other B.S. reasons when its really cause a person brought a gun to work.

Top Bottom