• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Over the last year or two I have heard and read several times about the company being unstable, wanting to sell out or just closing up. I also have concerns of an Indiana gunshop that has claimed they will be buying Huntertown Arms but that was over the last fall / winter timeframe. I am considering a couple of different 22 cans of theirs that have been on a dealers shelf for the last couple of years. I have tried to make phone contact with HA all week but nobody ever answers the phone. Just was wondering if anybody possibly had updated and recent information relating to my concerns. Thanks

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I can't complain about sound quality, but I've never compared it side by side with others. With all the horror stories, I've pretty much accepted that my guardian is, most likely, a disposable suppressor. Because of that, personally, I wouldn't pay full price for one.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I can't complain about sound quality, but I've never compared it side by side with others. With all the horror stories, I've pretty much accepted that my guardian is, most likely, a disposable suppressor. Because of that, personally, I wouldn't pay full price for one.

I wouldn't expect squat from HA, but there are plenty of talented manufacturers out there that can work on your can up to and including recoring it if the need arises.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'll start by saying my guardian 22 performs well and is a decent value. I'm happy with it.

My guardian 9 is a letdown but I guess they can't all be great.

They do the same thing over snd over. Someone makes an appearance, apologizes, says things are gonna change and then they don't. Members still complain about lack of communication and customer service. Because of this they won't ever get any of my money again.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Over the last year or two I have heard and read several times about the company being unstable, wanting to sell out or just closing up. I also have concerns of an Indiana gunshop that has claimed they will be buying Huntertown Arms but that was over the last fall / winter timeframe. I am considering a couple of different 22 cans of theirs that have been on a dealers shelf for the last couple of years. I have tried to make phone contact with HA all week but nobody ever answers the phone. Just was wondering if anybody possibly had updated and recent information relating to my concerns. Thanks

We have stopped stocking HA because of the same problems.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    FWIW I handled one of these the other day and they look pretty sweet. I was at Down by the Tracks. They demo'd it, and It was nice and quiet too. Also there is an option of a monocore. If I was in the market, I'd probably give them my money....

I didn't get a demo! I'm jealous!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I didn't get a demo! I'm jealous!

Its all who you know Rookie.

I have heard the baffle stack and the monocore on two different visits at DBTT.

The CF Gunworks are nice looking and sounding cans. I'm going to take my Gemtech GM-22 by there to test it against the CF Monocore when it gets out of jail.

Top Bottom