• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Why are we beaten so thoroughly and consistently? Any theories as to that?

Why don't we do what they do and win, instead of lose?

Conservatives tend to believe in objective morals. Democrats believe in subjective morals.

I.E. democrats believe it's okay to murder, steal, implement racist policy, or rig elections because they convince themselves it's for the "greater good."

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Conservatives tend to believe in objective morals. Democrats believe in subjective morals.

I.E. democrats believe it's okay to murder, steal, implement racist policy, or rig elections because they convince themselves it's for the "greater good."

Where is your evidence for such a generalization? Do you have access to some study supporting such a conclusion or is that just your personal belief? Cause I'm seeing :bs:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I'm sick of this crap. No more machines, no more absentee ballots, no more early voting and I want retina scanners to be used before someone can cast a vote. I want the same companies that handle the encryption for the lotteries to handle the scanners and I want two different companies used for independent verification of the legitimacy of the scanners. Come Jan 1, boot the current POTUS out of the White House and leave it vacant until these procedures can be put in place.

Any cases of the slightest suspicion of voter fraud should be presented before a grand jury. If charged and convicted of voter/voting fraud of any type should be a mandatory life sentence.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm sick of this crap. No more machines, no more absentee ballots, no more early voting and I want retina scanners to be used before someone can cast a vote. I want the same companies that handle the encryption for the lotteries to handle the scanners and I want two different companies used for independent verification of the legitimacy of the scanners. Come Jan 1, boot the current POTUS out of the White House and leave it vacant until these procedures can be put in place.

Any cases of the slightest suspicion of voter fraud should be presented before a grand jury. If charged and convicted of voter/voting fraud of any type should be a mandatory death sentence.

FTFY

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND

Are you claiming no one in the Republican party (which is what I assume you mean by 'conservatives') has ever murdered anyone, stolen, implemented racists policies, or committed/attempted election fraud?

I have probably posted or alluded to this a dozen times this season but it seems that Trump apologists are absolutely in love with playing the victim. It is never "Trump didn't unite the party". Never "He didn't mobilize voters". Always "MSMBS". Always "Clinton campaign cheated". The party of personal responsibility has completely fled that position.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The subjective moral argument to me is: govt. has no business in a woman's health care, but govt. mandated health care is ok. The 2nd amendment can be infringed to protect children, but it ok to abort children. We need govt permission to exercise or 2nd amendment but it is too much to require an ID to vote. Those are just a few that came to mind immediately, there are many others.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Are you claiming no one in the Republican party (which is what I assume you mean by 'conservatives') has ever murdered anyone, stolen, implemented racists policies, or committed/attempted election fraud?

I have probably posted or alluded to this a dozen times this season but it seems that Trump apologists are absolutely in love with playing the victim. It is never "Trump didn't unite the party". Never "He didn't mobilize voters". Always "MSMBS". Always "Clinton campaign cheated". The party of personal responsibility has completely fled that position.

There's outliers everywhere, democrats are just far stronger political activists willing to do things republicans aren't. This is why republicans keep losing elections. Just watch their antics in congress, they mirror their constituency.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Okay, so interesting breakdown.

126-149-121, Republican-Independent-Democrat.

Not sure how reflective of this year's electorate that will be.

Self-reported identification of those polled.
    Oct 32% Republican Aug 39%
    Oct 39% Independent Aug 35%
    Oct 29% Democrat Aug 26%

So the closing of the "gap" is easily explained by the changing of the makeup of those polled. Typical leftist propaganda - again.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Self-reported identification of those polled.
    Oct 32% Republican Aug 39%
    Oct 39% Independent Aug 35%
    Oct 29% Democrat Aug 26%

So the closing of the "gap" is easily explained by the changing of the makeup of those polled. Typical leftist propaganda - again.
    How can a pollster know how someone is going to self-report (assuming randomness of the call)?

You call 100 people, you ask them their affiliation, then you write down what party they affiliate with, then you ask them who they're voting for.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How can a pollster know how someone is going to self-report (assuming randomness of the call)?

You call 100 people, you ask them their affiliation, then you write down what party they affiliate with, then you ask them who they're voting for.

The 2 times I have been polled (or attempted to be) after the questions they stated I did not fir the demographic and hung up.

These polls are cherry picked.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The 2 times I have been polled (or attempted to be) after the questions they stated I did not fir the demographic and hung up.

The polls you were called on had a specific demographic. IMHO, that's more likely to be internal polling for a campaign. For each public poll, I'd bet there are at least 2, maybe 3 or more private polls.

Think about it. If each poll only calls 1k people, the VAST majority of people don't get calls. Ever.

And even if you ask, you can't tell who's doing the polling. Assuming it isn't a robocall (which it shouldn't be here in Indiana), the person on the other end of the line is likely a call center employee who is a subcontractor to a subcontracted consultant who is contracted with a campaign.

Some polls might be "rigged" by whatever definition you want to use.

Many are not. It really isn't difficult (usually) to figure out if a methodology is on the more suspect end of the scale.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Could very well have been a "poll" designed to sway you, not gather results. I've been on the end of many of these were the caller says, "What if I told you ... would you agree?" To a trained listener it's obvious their using this as a tactic to influence you under the guise of polling.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

So you think it's random how many Rep/Dems Independents are polled?

If they did it your way why bother asking affiliation in the first place? They ask because they try to match the electorate with the poll answers. If they just phoned and asked 1058 people who they were going to vote for I guarantee you that Trump would be the overwhelming leader in every single poll.

The reason is that the elderly are far more likely to answer the phone and respond to the questions.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So you think it's random how many Rep/Dems Independents are polled?
    Well, it depends.

The reputable ones, yes. Those are the ones that generally disclose their methodology.

There are certainly other kinds of polls that probably are not. And if the methodology is either nonexistent or vague, they should be treated skeptically.

If they did it your way why bother asking affiliation in the first place? They ask because they try to match the electorate with the poll answers. If they just phoned and asked 1058 people who they were going to vote for I guarantee you that Trump would be the overwhelming leader in every single poll.
    You cannot make such a guarantee. ;) And I encourage you not to bet on it.

They ask the affiliation so they can track those things. If someone self describes as a Republican, but is voting for HRC, that is something the polling companies want to know.

The reason is that the elderly are far more likely to answer the phone and respond to the questions.
    That only explains part of it. Most reputable polls now include cell and even internet, although I'm skeptical of the internet angle except in highly controlled ways.

Top Bottom