17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My suggestion......

1942HarleyDavidsonWLA.jpg

Or the modern equivalent:
    70705-bmwcarbine.jpg

:D

And yes, that's the actual setup used by the Arcadia, CA PD. The angle of the photo is misleading; the mount positions the gun so the muzzle points below and inboard of the rider, toward the engine block. Carbine is kept Condition 3 (loaded mag, empty chamber, on-safe) and the mount prevents operation of the charging handle.

sam2007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    bike carry

I've ridden for 20+ years and for most of that time have carried a handgun. Typically I use an IWB style without problem. A couple of years ago I picked up a KelTec PF9 and often carry it in a fobus OWB holster. I usually wear a leather vest and this conceals things nicely. On really hot days I just wear a t shirt and the IWB unit. Neither set up interferes with my operation of the bike nor my wife's ergonomics/comfort.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I saw some dork riding a crotch rocket yesterday wearing the Tac-vest from the UnderArmour blackops jacket(could see the UA symbol on the bottom) with a pocket holster in one of the vest pocket, you could see the grip.

Probably an airsoft pistol though :rolleyes::laugh:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    We have a bunch of new members, so it's time to bring this thread back! I'm buying a bike on Thursday (hopefully) and I am thinking about carrying in a serpa holster that attaches to belt loops. Anyone know of a good one? I'll be carrying a 226.

Hopefully I'll be riding a fatboy or Heritage:rockwoot:

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Been riding for 30 + years. I carry an XD40sc in a 5.11 deep concealment tee shirt under my vest or shirt. It works very well. Even with my shirt or vest off unless my arms are raised people dont even notice.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I carried in a IWB comp tac shirt tucker yesterday with the wind pulling my shirt up.

Followed by a few police in town and noone cared.

Alerion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Bloomington
    Or the modern equivalent:
    70705-bmwcarbine.jpg

:D

And yes, that's the actual setup used by the Arcadia, CA PD. The angle of the photo is misleading; the mount positions the gun so the muzzle points below and inboard of the rider, toward the engine block. Carbine is kept Condition 3 (loaded mag, empty chamber, on-safe) and the mount prevents operation of the charging handle.

I think I'd turn that mount around backwards. It would go a long way toward discouraging tailgaters! :ar15:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    We have a bunch of new members, so it's time to bring this thread back! I'm buying a bike on Thursday (hopefully) and I am thinking about carrying in a serpa holster that attaches to belt loops. Anyone know of a good one? I'll be carrying a 226.

Hopefully I'll be riding a fatboy or Heritage:rockwoot:
    I do believe that Blackhawk makes a serpa holster with belt loops, and the option to use a paddle.

Alerion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Bloomington
    BTW, if you ever plan on tumbling down the pavement with your carry weapon I'd suggest carrying it in a good thick holster. This might be a good case for an all-metal gun as well.

picture.php

Last edited:

Catfish33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Clifford, In
    If I did want to sling my SKS over my back and ride to my buddies to do some shooting, is there any reason I coulcnt do that on a MC? Loaded or Unloaded?

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    I open carried on my Ural today

If you can get to my albums check out the Motorcycle Gun album

I open carried today. I can't figure out how to post pics. I also have had a hell of a time finding a holster for my Browning.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If I did want to sling my SKS over my back and ride to my buddies to do some shooting, is there any reason I coulcnt do that on a MC? Loaded or Unloaded?

No laws that regulate this. So yes, you can. Loaded or unloaded, your choice.

There's a short post somewhere on here where a LEO was driving with another out of town LEO when they saw a guy on a motorcycle with his AR slung across his back in Martinsville. Nothing was done about it.

I'd say do it! :D

sam2007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Keltec PF9 - hundreds of rounds - not a single FTF. Single stack, very slim profile on my Electra Glide.

Top Bottom