• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I am looking into getting a bike soon and was wondering how everyone carried on a bike? I was thinking a vest with a shoulder holster.

So how do you carry?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    :ar15:You got the right idea. I always carry my Walther ppk on the bike its real flat and hides easily under my vest. A guy I know carries a keltec in a cellphone holster. I never knew he carried till he showed me lol...:ar15:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Depends on how "tacticool" you want to be.. how about drop-leg holsters on both sides??

Just kidding (mostly)

The one thing that I will caution - make sure that whatever you're wearing has excellent retention. You don't wanna park your bike and walk to look for your handgun..

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    That is why I was leaning towards the shoulder holster and not a paddle holster. I could just see hitting a bump and there goes my sig. I know they are durable but I don't want to try it.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Shotgun in the saddle bag, I have no problem with IWB S&W MP 40c. Real nice in the summer if you want to go with an untucked shirt and no jacket/vest.

Drawing while ridding takes a little practice, harder for right handed people.:D

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Couple of ways Ive seen.

Shoulder Holster seems idea but you always have to wear a vest or jacket.

Pants Pocket Carry but the gun has to be small enough to fit.

Also seen guys just carry in an inside pocket of their jacket or vest.

I read in a magazine about a vest specifically made with a holster pocket.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    In public a side holster works fine.But if you feel a little crazy that day go for the leg holster(umm i did this...see my public pics lol...the Johnson county sheriff department did notice the leg holster.He followed me into a gas station and asked "going to war"? I said no just ridding :) That was that.I now only carry in a belt holster.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I use a 6 O'clock holster on my sport bike. Being hunched over the tank you don't even know it's there, upright on my cruiser is a different story. On the cruiser I usually wear a paddle holster. Once I did bring a shotgun home strapped to the back seat. I had the stock off to make it a little shorter. Thought it would get attention, but then again, I do live in southern Indiana.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I have often remarked how I miss Arizona. There with no permits required. You just strap on your Colt and Sling your AR over your shoulder and roll its all good. If you get stopped with your .45 cocked and locked sitting on the dash the officer will barely even take notice.... As things should be....JC

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I am a Gold Wing rider. I almost always wear mine in IWB holsters. That is not to say I always cary concealed. I find the IWB holsters very comfortable and secure. close enough to my body that someone cannot snatch it without my knowing and resisting!
    It is also a very secure way to carry on my bike.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I am a Gold Wing rider. I almost always wear mine in IWB holsters. That is not to say I always cary concealed. I find the IWB holsters very comfortable and secure. close enough to my body that someone cannot snatch it without my knowing and resisting!
    It is also a very secure way to carry on my bike.

:+1: Also a Gold Wing rider and use IWB most of the time.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    My suggestion......

1942HarleyDavidsonWLA.jpg

Top Bottom