• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How often do you actually carry your firearm?

• Total voters

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Everywhere that is legal, for the most part.

I work out of my home office. I DO travel for work on occasion, and do not / cannot carry then by company policy (and the TSA makes it fairly difficult).

I also follow State law when taking my daughter to/from school. Also follow all Federal, State, and Local (when they apply) laws when out and about. I tend to not notice "policies".

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I voted "rarely". Mainly because places I usually go are restricted, either by law or employer policy.

Yep.

I go to work - no go
    I go to church - no go
    I go other places - go

ETA: Rarely only when convenient doesn't really apply. Convenience doesn't really have anything to do with it, I just don't want to lose my job and don't want to commit a felony.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am prohibited from carrying at work so it stays locked in the car. Otherwise, when outside of my house, I am carrying except where prohibited by actual law. When I get home the carry gun goes in the safe and the house gun comes out.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I am prohibited from carrying at work so it stays locked in the car. Otherwise, when outside of my house, I am carrying except where prohibited by actual law. When I get home the carry gun goes in the safe and the house gun comes out.
    In before the "OMG you leave it in the car?!" people show up.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's not the "leaving it in the car". It's the removing of the gun from the holster.

Yes, and a couple times a week I slip on a shoulder rig when I'm leaving work. I go out to the car and remove the gun from its soft holster in the console and put it in my shoulder holster. :runaway: :wallbash:
    I realize that such an admission here may lead to a gathering of torches and pitchforks outside my house.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Yes, and a couple times a week I slip on a shoulder rig when I'm leaving work. I go out to the car and remove the gun from its soft holster in the console and put it in my shoulder holster. :runaway: :wallbash:
    I realize that such an admission here may lead to a gathering of torches and pitchforks outside my house.
    :wrongdoor:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Several people have used the caveat "unless prohibited by law". As far as it goes personally, I make every human effort to never go to places where a firearm is prohibited by law. Granted, there are times when there is no other option, but those are pretty rare. Mostly school and school extracurricular functions are the problematic times. Otherwise I stay the heck out of the court-house, the big-house and the post office. I have no comment about (hypothetically) using the drive-through mail boxes OUTSIDE the post office.

What I really hate is when you are at some random place attending to your private business and a big yellow bus rolls up. In 30 seconds you can find yourself committing a felony. Damn those school outings! This has happened twice while I was in attendance, once in a restaurant and another time (of all places) at a lumberjack show. I suppose that in the 50 years I have been packing heat, twice isn't very often. On the other hand, how many times does it take to make a guy a convict?

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Several people have used the caveat "unless prohibited by law". As far as it goes personally, I make every human effort to never go to places where a firearm is prohibited by law. Granted, there are times when there is no other option, but those are pretty rare. Mostly school and school extracurricular functions are the problematic times. Otherwise I stay the heck out of the court-house, the big-house and the post office. I have no comment about (hypothetically) using the drive-through mail boxes OUTSIDE the post office.

What I really hate is when you are at some random place attending to your private business and a big yellow bus rolls up. In 30 seconds you can find yourself committing a felony. Damn those school outings! This has happened twice while I was in attendance, once in a restaurant and another time (of all places) at a lumberjack show. I suppose that in the 50 years I have been packing heat, twice isn't very often. On the other hand, how many times does it take to make a guy a convict?
    I believe there in no longer any such thing as the "roving school zone".

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Several people have used the caveat "unless prohibited by law". As far as it goes personally, I make every human effort to never go to places where a firearm is prohibited by law. Granted, there are times when there is no other option, but those are pretty rare. ...........

QFT

Everywhere, all the time, life in the fastlane.

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    I voted some of the time. it's not an option at work and I don't normally carry at home. I do carry when I leave the house for other excursions though. The bacon option was defiantly a good alternative.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry all of the time except when I need to head into the office. I leave it in the car when there, but am armed all other times. Since I mostly work from home, I rarely go unarmed. In the morning, it comes off the nightstand and into the holster and at night, it goes from the holster to the nightstand. Even though I have a dedicated nightstand gun, I still put my EDC on the nightstand next to it for convenience.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    all day...even during a (rare, occasional saturday) nap on the couch.
    the only other place my EDC resides beyond my hip is in the nightstand vault when I'm in bed...

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I voted #2. Work prohibits it so my EDC stays out in my car. Otherwise I carry it everywhere else. No comment on post offices.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I always carry everywhere I'm legally allowed to be (and legally allowed to carry)

(except while not in my car at work. It's locked in the car if I'm inside the building)

Top Bottom