• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just planted a couple rows of onions a few hours ago. Basil, parsley and cilantro before that. I snuck the first strawberry of the year after squashing a few potato beetles. Strawberry was good, couldn't even taste the beetlejuice. ;)

20170509_125414_zpsv2nsvcaz.jpg

Bluegill omelette for lunch, about time to get busy on filling the freezer back up with this year's catch. And make sure my neighbor has another few dozen fresh new egg cartons from TSC. His chickens really like the giant fat cukes that hide from me too long. I don't think I've bought an egg in a year?

I'm very happy to say that it's difficult to track how much is spent around here on groceries. We break down and go to town once in awhile, normally to load up on dairy products. Maybe for a killer meat sale stock up at Kroger?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    i spend around $60 a week for just me. but have spent $150 before i cut out the junk food. I could go even lower but i like a nice steak after work.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    We figure on about $10 per day for the two of us ($300 - $325 per month). And that's from a couple who have tracked every penny spent for over 7 years.

But we also eat restaurant food two to three times per week.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Just under 200 bucks a month, for one fat guy(me). I would like to thank chef boyardee and chunky soup for preparing alot of my meals every month, heh.:D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We average around $85 per week. We just have the two of us. That includes all cleaning and paper products as well.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    About 125 a week here for me and the soon to be Mrs. Would be cheaper if I didn't take my lunch to work but at the same time it would be more out of pocket if I ate out like most if not all of my co-workers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After I posted in here we (spouse and I) looked at what we spend. For just the 2 of us (Ha) we spend a lot on fruit (a lot) and special foods to keep my dietary control for Diabetes and my 10 year old G-daughter's special foods. She is allergic to so many things. The food for her (Gluton free) is terribly expensive so we buy a lot of it as she spends time here with us.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Including pets?! Ours is insane then, with 1 big hungry husband, me, and 5 med/large dogs!
    It's really hard to track unless i take time to really break it down. Some weeks i don't spend much, other weeks, we stock up. I also buy my wine at the grocery. We don't eat out much, and I don't buy lots of convenience foods. I try to go organic/non-gmo whenever possible. Gardening helps.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think we save a lot just because we drink water at home (except one gallon of milk), so no pop at all, no hooch (I average a twelve of Guinness each year.). I see some people at the grocery that must have $50 worth of soda in their cart.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think we save a lot just because we drink water at home (except one gallon of milk), so no pop at all, no hooch (I average a twelve of Guinness each year.). I see some people at the grocery that must have $50 worth of soda in their cart.

Bottled water and a case of coke a week. I drink the water.
    Spouse has a sweet tooth as well.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

No soda here, either. Hubby drinks a lot of milk, OJ, and beer. I start the day with 1-2 cups of coffee, then water or occasionally iced tea throughout the day, and usually wine or a couple of beers in the evening. Nothing satisfies thirst like good water.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I really don't know. We try to limit the amount spent at the grocery store by buying a 1/4 beef and 1/2 or whole hog at a time a few times a year. We do have a box of produce delivered every two weeks from the local farm co-op, it doesn't really save money by itself, but it keeps us from having to run and pick up things so often. Whatever it is, it will only go up; the kids aren't getting any smaller (ages 12, 7, 5, 3, and 3).

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Gone down considerably since I started couponing..plus, my stockpile is a force to be reckoned with.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Wait booze counts? Gonna have to revise my number...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I honestly don't know. I often pay cash, so there's no record. (see my previous posts about Kroger)

And it depends on if my wife goes shopping ($$$$$$). I mostly buy raw goods, but she buys a lot of pre-processed food, like cut celery sticks, because she's not allowed to use the kitchen knives.

Top Bottom