• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    y'all should also look up the Taofledermous channel on YT.

They shoot a bunch of wacky hand loaded and/or foreign-sourced projectiles out of 12ga shotguns. Slow-mo photography, too.

The production quality isn't as high as a lot of channels - but they've go almost 1.5 million subscribers.

Who doesn't like seeing shotgun slugs go through 1.5" thick lead plates? Or through gel blocks? Or through battle helmets? Or through aramid fiber vests?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    After watching that video. Maybe they should make a new vest made up of whatever they use inside of stretch Armstrong toys as a level 3a vest.

I'm shocked that a toy can stop a 44 magnum.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Hahaha! The slo-mo of Stretch's speedo's spinning through the air is absolutely hilarious!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Even Kevlar does that. AR500 or AR600 body armor won't depending on the caliber, but you can also use trauma pads to help mitigate the damage from that with steel plates.
    Yep. The steel plates can certainly still spall off the back - which is it's own set of issues. Many of those steel plates (and maybe ceramic, too?) have that rhino lining type stuff on them to help mitigate that.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yep. The steel plates can certainly still spall off the back - which is it's own set of issues. Many of those steel plates (and maybe ceramic, too?) have that rhino lining type stuff on them to help mitigate that.
    Maybe someone can use that stuff in the toy to make a layer in front of body-armor for additional protection.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Kentucky Ballistics has been a channel my son and I have watched together for a while. So much so when Scott has his accident, he wanted to make his own video. So we did this....

Thats a fine young man who I'm sure will grow to be a upstanding citizen of this great country. We need more like him....And fathers like you. Great job

Top Bottom