• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    I'm not talking about do you have withholdings against your potential tax liability but if you in fact ,do not get a refund or still owe more to the feds?? We all have withholdings but some get all or most of what they pay back as a refund.. Who on here pays and what is your situation?? Kids or no. Homeowner?? I haven't had a refund in 2 years at least.. Can't claim my children, which I'm not sure why there is an exemption for that anyway...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I got a little back this year for the first time in 5 years, usually I owe them some. Got kids, mortgage and business deductions, so I don't want anymore withheld than needs be. I don't want to loan them money all year, just to get it back without interest.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Ok

So , whats the right amount?? To be paid?? Right now my adjusted gross is just over 60 k and I pay a little north of 10k in fed taxes alone.. Thats almost 17% in federal then tack on another 4k + for state... Gets a little old...

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    I get

To pay my fair share while others get a pass om paying if they make less or have a few kids... Is that fair??

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    One kid, and we have had to pay $2,000 a year extra since Obama took office, but always got refunds before. We don't make anywhere near $250k, by the way.

I'd suggest firing your CPA and hiring one that knows what they're doing.

If you're saying nothing has changed in the amount you earn or how you're doing your withholdings and you're paying $2k a year more something ain't right.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No minor children , homeowner and most years I about break even. Pay a ton all year but don't owe more. This year I owed way too much at the end of the year.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The sick lame and lazy were allowed to share about $17K of the money my wife and I worked for this tax year. We got back a little, but had lots of deductions for new business start up expenses.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The sick lame and lazy were allowed to share about $17K of the money my wife and I worked for this tax year. We got back a little, but had lots of deductions for new business start up expenses.
    Thanks! :D

^^That's a joke, I just didn't feel like using purple.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    One kid, and we have had to pay $2,000 a year extra since Obama took office, but always got refunds before. We don't make anywhere near $250k, by the way.

WHY? I do not remember hearing about anything significantly changing in the tax code the last few years. Did you make a ****load more money the last 3 years?

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    i usually pay around 10,000 year in federal taxes through payroll deduction. I have 2 kids, mortgage and i usually get back around 5000 on a refund.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    What everyone gets a tax check back?!?!? I dont think so. I am tickled if i dont owe anything. Last refund check was for 2 dollars and some change. I always end up owing the state a few dollars.

Kids are expensive but you shouldnt get more money back than you paid in because you have a child and are poor.

Just my thoughts.

Still wonder what would happen if everyone refused to pay certain taxes... what would the gov do?!?!? Nothing they couldn't. But everyone is too scared of the gov so we all pay ommage to the ones we fear.. but it would send a very sharp and quick message to those incharge.. oh i forgot ... more than 50%of the voting population gets more back then they pay in... silly me

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    What everyone gets a tax check back?!?!? I dont think so. I am tickled if i dont owe anything. Last refund check was for 2 dollars and some change. I always end up owing the state a few dollars.

Kids are expensive but you shouldnt get more money back than you paid in because you have a child and are poor.

Just my thoughts.

Still wonder what would happen if everyone refused to pay certain taxes... what would the gov do?!?!? Nothing they couldn't. But everyone is too scared of the gov so we all pay ommage to the ones we fear.. but it would send a very sharp and quick message to those incharge.. oh i forgot ... more than 50%of the voting population gets more back then they pay in... silly me

Some pay nothing in and get something back, but of course they are owed that dontchaknow

Top Bottom