• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Depends on the item. If someone is selling something off the beaten path, it might take awhile for the right person to come along. If it is something that really is very expensive, it might take someone that really is interested to save up enough money, or sell something to fund it, some time. If you are trying to sell a common commodity, like an Sig 320 or some Glock at retail or sometimes even above, then you are a doody head. Even with the above referenced 10% discount and it really is NIB. So what, I don't get the life time one owner warranty. That is worth a helluva a lot more than 10%.

Also, I know in my case, if you start out way too high on your gun, that I may have been interested in buying, I tend not to check back in to see that after 2 months you are now below what I would have paid at the start.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had a non-gun related item for sale a few years ago. I bumped it several times and I didn't even get a nibble. It didn't take long and I quit bumping it and really forgot I had listed it. Then one day I remembered I had it for sale and (I think) I bumped it again and before long, it was sold. Like some others have said, some items just take awhile to find the right buyer.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I have searched for items when Funds were available and found ads a year or Older that were not marked SOLD - but because of the age - never went further

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I get a kick out of some of them.

From a final bump and then 2 or 3 more pages of bumps to price is firm with 5 or 6 price cuts . Or if it doesn't sell this weekend back to the safe and 20 more bumps.
    Has anyone ever tested that by asking if it is still available after the seller has gone to all the trouble of putting it back in the safe? Would the seller want more for it since he has to go through the hassle of getting it back out of the safe lol

Would those seller tactics motivate anyone to buy from the seller?

Myself I just see someone who is probably difficult to deal with behind those kinds of posts

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Has anyone ever tested that by asking if it is still available after the seller has gone to all the trouble of putting it back in the safe? Would the seller want more for it since he has to go through the hassle of getting it back out of the safe lol

Would those seller tactics motivate anyone to buy from the seller?

Myself I just see someone who is probably difficult to deal with behind those kinds of posts
    To me, “back in the safe” is a way those trying to be cool express “I just gonna keep it if you guys don’t think it is worth what I’m asking”.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    the "site supporter" issue is a non-starter. There are SS people that have never participated in anything outside the classies. I know there are others here like me that won't touch that deal no matter how good. You could offer me a Colt Defender NIB for $350 with 8 mags and 500 rds of ammo and I won't buy. This place is a community not someplace to hawk your wares.

OK.... that deal might bring me in tbh... I am weak.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As for the “bumps”, I think they are very helpful, try to get beyond the minor annoyance of them being in your returns. Use them to understand the market. So a 007x comes along at $600, I look at the ad, another 007x is listed at $500 when I check it out. When I see the first ad being bumped all the time it lets me know the market is not $600, when the $500 is bumped twice then sells in a week I learned something.

Use this to learn the market…

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I rarely sell anything mainly because I'm just an old gun trader. I'm not ate up on if anything trades or not,it's just laying there, I don't need the money and it ain't eating nothing. But thanks for reminding me I have some ads I need to bump. Then again, I'm laying in a hospital bed dying so I'm really not going to make many deals.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I bump my stuff when I think of it. Some of my things are off the wall and yes I typically bump all mine at once (sorry @radar8756) just because that is when I am thinking of it. Like others have said you never know when the RIGHT person will be scrolling the classies or the recent posts.

I really enjoy the community here so much so I would MUCH rather deal with people on here (for gun related and not) selling or buying things. The net isn’t as large but the headaches are far less normally dealing with like minded people on this forum.

Buy my stuff or sell me something I want… then I will stop bumping…………………………………Until the next thing comes along. Lol

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    ... Some of my things are off the wall and yes I typically bump all mine at once (sorry @radar8756) just because that is when I am thinking of it.
    No Offense meant ... the ads I am thinking of actually had a Line about he was a FFL and you would have to fill out a 4473 -- which prompted my thought that a business should not BUMP every day

Top Bottom