• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Turned 18 July of 1990, August of 1990 I had my permit in hand, and had my father purchase my first handgun for me.

I also worked at Bradis part-time in HS, I assisted the guy that worked on the Home-lite equipment and helped out in the gun room when they got busy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    over 20 years and wish they had the lifetime back then would have saved me a a lot of time paperwork and money over the years

remember the ones you had to have an index finger print on the permit
    Yup. I thought it was odd they sent you the permit and you were responsible for putting your own fingerprint on it. :n00b:

And the personal interview with the town police chief too!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I actually still have all my old LTC's, don't know why. :dunno:

Looking at my first LTC it amazes me that I never tore it up, the damn thing was HUGE at 5.5"x4", and even though it is lamenated you still had to fold it to get it in your wallet.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Turned 18 July of 1990, August of 1990 I had my permit in hand, and had my father purchase my first handgun for me.

I also worked at Bradis part-time in HS, I assisted the guy that worked on the Home-lite equipment and helped out in the gun room when they got busy.

What school did you go to? I bought my first gun from Bradis in 1991.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Yup. I thought it was odd they sent you the permit and you were responsible for putting your own fingerprint on it. :n00b:

And the personal interview with the town police chief too!

My first two licenses I had you had to put your fingerprint on them. Never had to interview with the police chief, but I did have to have 3 letters of recommendation for my first one in '88.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . Class of 2000

Damn, I'm old. I graduated before CDs and cell phones were invented, I can remember a time before microwave ovens, when houses had 1 TV set (and it was B&W), when houses had 3 or 4 children but only 1 bathroom, when men married women and didn't divorce, and when you could buy a gun at any hardware store without a background check and when violence was rare.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Damn, I'm old. I graduated before CDs and cell phones were invented, I can remember a time before microwave ovens, when houses had 1 TV set (and it was B&W), when houses had 3 or 4 children but only 1 bathroom, when men married women and didn't divorce, and when you could buy a gun at any hardware store without a background check and when violence was rare.

Amen, pop an 8-track or vinyl album on the hi-fi and rock & roll. Oh, and the B&W TV used vacuum tubes.

Top Bottom