• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    How long will it be before flying will be like this?

• arrive 12 hours early for changing into paper flying outfit
    • be forced to drink a liquid to purge you body of anything bad
    • purged items examined
    • have your cavities searched and evacuated again
    • body scan after being purged
    • tied down in your seat until you have landed
    • go to changing room to get dressed after getting off the plane
    • repeat again for each entry into controlled area

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Don't give them any ideas.

Airports are the closest things to Nazi Germany we have invented since my dad came back at the end of WWII !

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    The last three times I have flown, they did not catch the throw away items I leave in my carryon bags....

one was pointy
    one was long
    one was not

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    We dont live in the 90s anymore, airport security is severely lacking and we have got to beef it up if we expect to stop another attack before it happens. Were fighting a war here, sorry if it makes airline travel inconvenient. I for one just drive, would rather drive the 12 than fly the 4 and end up getting blown out of the sky.

Until we clamp down on securtiy were going to keep seeing these storyies of attempted bombings, hijacking, and suicide missions. :twocents:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't fly now, unless I'm crossing an ocean. I'd rather drive 16 hours than fly four.

Doug

I drove to Florida in June. It took about 16 hours. If you figure that you have a lay over anywhere and the extra hours required to make it through security now, your whole day is still shot. Flying doesn't really save that much time anymore unless you are going thousands of miles.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's the whole problem with the reactionary system of security.

Every time the terrorist bung holes get anywhere we get the standard
    DISTRACTION back here with "OH look, don't worry, See... we're on top of security here...." :rolleyes:

Hey, do these paper FLYING jeans make my butt look big?

Let me chew that over a twix and get back to you. :D
    twix.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Fly yourself. It's rewarding, no security lines, no one to hijack you unless your wife is mad at you, and the plane won't leave without you. Not to mention, it's pretty cool to wake up on Father's Day, look over at your wife, and say "Wanna go see your Dad today?" and fly her across the state, as I did a couple years ago. Awesome Father's Day for all the dads. And while shooting is certainly a fantastic way to bond with your kid, even it can't come close to getting in a little Cessna 152 with your boy and heading out somewhere for some "Daddy/Sean time." And as long as you stay away from certain airports, you can wear your gun just like in your car :)

Let's Go Flying!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I always thought 'air taxi's' were going to be the future of air travel.

Looks like the infrastucture has killed it for purposes of security.

Imagine being able to fly out of a small airstrip to a metro for a couple hundred dollars each way. It was viable until recent.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    I always thought 'air taxi's' were going to be the future of air travel.

Looks like the infrastucture has killed it for purposes of security.

Imagine being able to fly out of a small airstrip to a metro for a couple hundred dollars each way. It was viable until recent.

That was the big push until 9/11, but things slowed down since then. However, now that the air traffic volume is picking up again, they are researching new strategies to increase capacity and reduce delays for the flying public. One of them is to include more local "metro" airports and heliports for commercial flying to connect passengers directly to other smaller airports instead of routing everyone through major airport hubs if they don't need to be. The demand is coming back for this sort of thing, but security is always going to be a major concern.

Can they just put everyone to sleep like on "Fifth Element"?

EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I see two flying futures - will they actually occur? - who knows...

1. Upon entering the airport everyone will be funneled into lines that will end up at a curtained off area where you will be required to strip naked. You will then be required to walk through a series of sensor machines each designed to detect specific compounds. The body purge fluid will be required but a faster acting version will be developed that will have immediate results. A combination group crapatorium / vomitorium is the next stop. You will then be sprayed with a fire retardant fluid (pleasantly scented of course). From there you clothing and carry on junk will have already been treated with a variety of chemicals to eliminate the possibility of combustion. Laptops and electronic devices (ipods, cell phones,etc) will have a spun plastic shell applied rendering them unusable until after the flight. You will be allowed to don your clothing again after a series of photographs, fingerprints and dna are collected. All this will be done under the banner of protection and sheeple will go forth and comply with nary a objection. The media will brand anyone who objects to this "special treatment" as racist bad citizens. With each ensuing terrorist attack (and yes they will continue) the government will react as they do now, speeches will be made and knees will jerk in unison.

or

A new plane type will become the standard passenger aircraft, all existing models will be scrapped and recycled so all planes will be identical. Each plane will have passenger pods which will be loaded one passenger at a time in a remote location after a severe security screening process. Once a pod is loaded, it will be sealed and transported to the gate via a newly hired foreign national driving a tractor type cart. Each plane can take 4 pods. Planes will be "backed in" to the gate, pods will be loaded according to socio-economic status, with the 1st class pods going in last (they pay more, so they get to leave first - just like now) No toilet facilities will be available, but the 1st class pod gets better (double-walled) fluid and solid disposal bags. Of course air fares will skyrocket, and almost all companies will go out of business, hundreds of thousands will lose their jobs, their homes and their lives. But the new Government controlled airline will employee many new transportation workers - no experience necessary.

I'm wrong about just about everything (just ask my wife) so this probably won't ever come to pass either.

Cheers to all!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    When people realize that terrorist attacks can't be stopped until all terrorists are dead...

Oh I give it another year or two and it'll be like that.

God I hope I'm wrong.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Airports are the closest things to Nazi Germany we have invented since my dad came back at the end of WWII !
    Nope, try driving into California. I love how putting white shirts on a bunch of guys earning $7hr and calling them "airport security" makes the sheep feel safe! If you think about it, anyone earning as little as they do can be bought of pretty darn cheap by someone with nefarious intentions.

Top Bottom