• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    glock 23 in a uncle mikes #15 right pocket,love carrying my baby but imop the less people know you have it the better,i have been told before to take your gun to the car unless you can show a badge and prove you are a cop

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Modern Combative Systems Appendix Carry Rig ACR from Raven Concealment. IWB over under armor and under t-shirt

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    High noon Split Decision.
    It was an awesome buy at $35. its very comfortable and hold the gun really well. It seems like its well made too.

Here are some more pics of it.
    Picasa Web Albums - Zac Jackson - holster

Link:
    Split Decision

Does this holster remain open after you draw your weapon? I'm looking to buy a clip-on holster for my Glock 19 and have been thinking about the Don Hume H715. This looks like basically the same design but thinner. Thinner would be a plus, but if it flops closed (like an Uncle Mike's nylon or similar) then that would be a dealbreaker.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just a caution for you all. Be very careful with any "clip on" holster. more than once I've seen incorrectly sized / formed clips allow the holster to be drawn with the gun.

Just make sure it has a rather stiff tension, and that the bottom edge has some type of retention to keep the holster attached to the belt. Also make sure the clip is thick enough to go over the belt and lay flat so the bottom of the clip sets correctly.

Hope that all made sense,

Tinman....

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    On duty, what the boss issues. A glock 22 on a duty belt. Off duty I perfer something a little meatier. My Beretta Vertec .40 cal. in a Fobus thumb release holster. And always with 2 spare magazines in a Fobus pouch and a pair of handcuffs. I trust my life with my Glock....but I really don't care for it. It's just my preference. Like I said, I prefer more meat. The only time I went anywhere in the last few years unarmed was a quick "in and out" of Wal-Mart late one night last summer for one item we needed before heading out camping for a long weekend. Just my luck....I run into some mouthy, intoxicated little punk running his yap that should have went to jail. On the rare occasion I want something lighter I carry my Taurus PT-111 in a Fobus Evolution holster. I generally wear an outer shirt or light jacket over my weapon. I hate to advertise. Sometimes it makes stupid people more stupid. :nuts:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    The holster does remain "open" pretty well after a draw for a quick re-holstering. the clip is also really well designed. it curves back under so it wraps around your belt.

The fact that it is tuckable is kind of cool too even though I never tuck my shirt in.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Danny, or anyone else who carries in the front. Doesnt that hurt when you sit down. I sit in front a computer all day so i need that to be comfortable sitting. Thx

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not Danny, but I also carry in an ACR at the 12:30 position. What I can tell you is that it is dependant on body type and the weapon you select. Obviously, if you want a full 5" barreled pistol, you better be pretty long in the waist to make it work without poking you. Most of the shorter compact autos and j frame size revolvers work best.

The biggest thing to appendix carry is making sure you get a holster that is thin, tight to the profie of the gun, and adjustable for cant and ride height. That way you can tailor the exact carry position to your body type and bone structure.

With a little bit of muzzle forward cant on mine, it's very comfortable sitting.

Tinman....

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Danny, or anyone else who carries in the front. Doesnt that hurt when you sit down. I sit in front a computer all day so i need that to be comfortable sitting. Thx
    No, but it is not for everyone. A G23 is about as big as I get for this kind of carry. My G22 is always OWB. Generally it's my G27 or my P7 that I wear this way since they are both fairly short barrels.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II in a Milt Sparks IWB Hertiage in a 3 o'clock position,

KimberTacticalUltraII-1.jpg

Or a Glock 26 in either a pocket holster or in a Blackhawk Serpa in a 3 o'clock position

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I carry a Wilson CQB Elite with a bull barrel and tungsten FLGR in a Milt Sparks Versa Max ll IWB when I am not in bed or in the shower. I leave my shirt untucked (bothered the hell out of me at first, but I got used to it) and it is borderline impossible to see it. Very easy and quick draw, which I practice a lot, for the day that I hope never comes!

God Bless America and the troops! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I've got a Tucker Gunleather HF1 rig on order for my 1911. Have on for my Glock 19, but now that I've seen the light, I need a new one, and will probably sell the whole rig for the Glock.

I've never found a IWB holster that I dug. I need to try a The Answer by Tucker, so we'll see.

I prefer leather, I like it to be pretty, and since we're in IN, I'm not super concerned about it being perfectly invisible 100% of the time.

ETA: Tucker's Silent Thunder holsters look pretty freaking sweet, and I would totally consider trying an IWB.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I am glad you like your clip draw. I was not happy with mine At least on my jeans, it looks like a pocket knife with a pistol handle. For me, it seemed like a good idea that wasn't. I am glad you made it work, because it seemed like a great idea. I know an LEO who uses the clip on the side webbing of his vest, right in the armpit. I left my clip on, hoping I might stumble across an similar occasion where the clip would start being useful.

Top Bottom