• How do you carry at home?

• Total voters

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have fourteen Pit Bulls that I keep north of starving so I don't need a gun.

I also don't need a source of heat in winter time. I allow for a Three Dog Night up to a Six Dog Night for myself and enough dog heat for a lady friend or two.

I do have a CO2 air gun for #9 Can punchen. Does that count?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I chose the first choice although that is not entirely true. When I get home I put my EDC on my dresser and throw my cm9 in my pocket. I also pull out a 12ga from the safe and put it in a handy location.
    I used to just keep my EDC on me but after I got the cm9 it is much more comfortable while lying around and will give me enough rounds to get to a bigger gun if needed.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    i cant CC very well when not wearing pants. occasionally OC, but more often than not im carrying the weapon from room to room.

A shoulder holster is good for when you aren't wearing pants. I'd also wager that if a BG busted down my front door to find me wearing only a shoulder holster and my dignity, I'd have a few extra seconds to get a shot off while he was doubled over, wretching. :cool:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I voted the second choice "I usually CC but tend to OC or carry in a more comfortable holster at home" since I tend to do that more than anything. When I get home I have a pair of "home shorts" that always have the same belt and holster for my Glock21 + TLR1 light and I set my EDC to the side by my keys in it's holster. I wear the shorts around the house and outside to walk the dog at night. When I get ready for bed I put the G21 within arms reach on the night-stand and the shorts at the foot of my bed along with slip on shoes and a jacket/shirt.

JustinCase

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Greenwood
    I keep my G27 (EDC) holstered in it's N82 iwb sob, G19 with night sights and light on the night stand and HD 12 gauge beside the bed. My 200 lb Great Dane is my early warning system and will keep the BG busy and distracted till I get there.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Depends on what's going on at the house. Some activities aren't conducive to carrying. In those circumstances the EDC is in an accessible location. Most of the time, I'm carrying the EDC.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    My place isn't that big, but I always keep my 1911 close by. When I sleep, my 870 is right next to the bed alongside my 1911

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Galco ankle glove works well under pajamas and is very comfortable, a smartcarry if I'm in shorts. I wear a polyester uniform all day. Last thing I want to do when I get home is wear a belt.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I usually have my EDC on me, but at night when we are relaxing, and just hanging around, I have my EDC on the table next to the couch, and the shotgun next to the bed.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    I chose the last option. I have a loaded 870 hidden in the basement, a Sig 226 by the bed, Sig 2022 near the front door and a soon to be LC9 which will be on my person. All my guns are hidden from view but accessible if I need them. We also have a few pepper sprays strategically placed around the house and the car.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Not gonna sneak up on me, but you really wouldn't want to. Been looking at a shoulder rig so I can take the pants off and be a slug. I've taken naps laying on my IWB, it's that comfortable.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    If my glock is not on me, it is nearby. I woke up yesterday morning with it still in my Don Hume IWB, IWB. Needless to say, it was not very comfortable.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The holster never changes. And it's usually always within arm's reach, but I tend to change to sweats or lounge pants in the house and even a small Glock would pull those down. So I resign myself to carrying it by hand from room to room. I've been known to carry it in the laundry baskets as I do laundry and go from the basement to the bedrooms 3 levels up and back.

Top Bottom