How did the Classifieds influence your joining INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why did you Join ingo

• Total voters

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I definitely came for the info. Then started to realize I know some people here. Took some time off while kids demanded more time but now I'm back and trying to learn and contribute.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Selling guns ? Why. I came for shooting sports have gotten involved in them. Also for the C Z talk but they never talk about them. But great place to bond with other gun owners

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    How many folks that joined INGO, just for the classifieds will ever even know this thread exists?

Good point.

I actually hope that just maybe the new folk / runners might see thw word Classified and come here to post "khfivhbdufvbdsfuh" and hopefully see what we are about. They seem to find the "I'm New" thread and think we are mean.

I have seen a few recently that deserved to be clipped and when they were they never came back. Those folk may have had something to contribute, but we will never know.

Changes that we limit open classified posts according to membership status have been recommended and I like that concept.

Would like to see something like 5 posts for the month with only one open at a time for non site supporters. Triple that for site supporters, 15 total with 3 open at a time. Unlimited for vendors/sponsors. Oh, and if you're trying to sell a vehicle, motorcycle, house, etc then you really should spring for the $20 supporter fee. Stop being cheap and support the forum when you're listing a 10K or more item.

If the classifieds vanished tomorrow I'm pretty sure I wouldn't miss it much.

I looked at a pistol the other day and the seller was a free member with exactly 50 posts, had been a member for several years and when i looked up his post areas it was all in the Classifieds. He did have 100% positive feedback, had 44 reports from members and two from (I suppose) non members (if that is even possible).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/spunky.html

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I came to learn information because I had just bought my first gun and didn't know much about them. I did use the classifieds as a tool to learn what certain models looked like and what they sold for so I could recognize them in the store and determine if the price was decent.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I try not to be too quick to judge. We have a LOT of lurkers. I have also dealt in trades with some of the nicest folks you could meet, who are 50/100 post counters.

I am a bit unnerved by those low count posters who seem to dominate the classifieds, religiously bumping their continual 3-4-5-? sale items to the top daily.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I actually hope that just maybe the new folk / runners might see thw word Classified and come here to post "khfivhbdufvbdsfuh" and hopefully see what we are about. They seem to find the "I'm New" thread and think we are mean.

I have seen a few recently that deserved to be clipped and when they were they never came back. Those folk may have had something to contribute, but we will never know.

Changes that we limit open classified posts according to membership status have been recommended and I like that concept.

I looked at a pistol the other day and the seller was a free member with exactly 50 posts, had been a member for several years and when i looked up his post areas it was all in the Classifieds. He did have 100% positive feedback, had 44 reports from members and two from (I suppose) non members (if that is even possible).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/spunky.html

Yep, I saw that guy when he was posting his garbage non-words. Flat out said he was trying to get his 50 by doing it. I have a sneaking suspicion we're not missing anything.

There are LOTS of people that meet the 'squatter' criteria. On the rare occasions I do browse the classifieds and see something I'm interested in the first thing I check is post history. If the person is a squatter, flipper or 50 post wonder then I don't deal with them. I've told these types of members no as well when I've had something to sell. I'd rather sell an item to someone who will use it than just flip it for a larger profit.

It would be nice if some of the new members & runners see this thread and learn something. I know I'll be pointing to it (along with the rules & the 'info for the new members' thread by 1911ly. Those that live in the classifieds have little hope of even noticing it.

INGO has so much more to offer than the quick deal.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I think 50 post rule is smart because it gives new people a goal to work towards. I know I probably wouldn't have posted a few times just because it's a little intimidating to jump in. I just assume everyone knows more than I do. So 50 post rule gets people invested with INGO, and as a bonus you can participate in the classifieds.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I was just happy to find INGO. I didn't know there was a classified section. I didn't know there were rules. I was pegged as a runner because I tend to be snarky and since I do not type well my posts tend to be shorter.

I was clipped at least once and never understood what was going on. Maybe one of these days I'll get my 50 quality posts.

I appreciate INGO, its mods and members from whom I have learned so much.

Yes, I thought
    • Indiana had a CCW
    • Open carry was illegal
    • Glocks were a piece of :poop:

I have found that I was wrong about the first two. Thank you INGO.

Looks like you were even wrong on the third one too.
    The classifieds have changed a bunch. Wasn't it like three subforums back then...hand,longguns and everything else??

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I like to get information, hear others stories about firearms/shooting, and get to know new people. I could care less about getting to 50 posts so I can use the classifieds. More interested in being able to greet new members not to build my post count but to genuinely welcome them to the fold.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't do much buying out the classifieds any more, but I still enjoy reading them to guffaw at some of the prices. There is some quality entertainment in there at times. Or the ones that throw a fit because their ad keeps getting deleted because they can't follow the rules...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Top Bottom