• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I have been buying & selling guns for 35+ years & have never seen anything like what I see lately...
    Every Pistol, Revolver, Rifle & Shotgun is marked way more than it should be able to buy NEW!
    Have a look here in the classifieds & you will see what I mean...
    Is it possible that all the sellers got hosed during the pandemic & now think their gear is somehow GOLD!

Noticed at a few Gun Shops & Pawn Brokers the prices on any descent AR-15 went up almost overnight about a week ago by $100-$200
    I know gasoline is $5 a gallon but come on, How Come SO MUCH?

There isn't a deal one single thing out there now it seems
    Guess I can be happy with what I have bought & have stashed away but come on...
    Will it ever end or is it going to get worse?

I did find a Ruger SP101 at a local Pawn Shop & the price was right, so it came home on Friday KSP-321X.JPG

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just like always, you have to know what you are looking at and be ready to sift.

A lot of the reason you may not be seeing good buys in the classifieds is that good buys sell quick.

I'm not really in the market for anything, but have both bought and sold parts recently.

Also have come very close to buying some of the good buys on rifles and pistols. Fuel cost and time availability for longer distance to meet have also turned me away on some trades. It's not cause the deals aren't out there. They just aren't local enough to say yes to.

If I was in Indy, I might just be talking to this guy soon...

Last edited:

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    There are some high-priced offerings, sure. But I’ve seen a few good deals here (and elsewhere), and as noted above, they’re hard to find because they often move fast. Them’s the cards!

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    You also have to look at the cost to replace a gun if you are selling to purchase something different.

Yep, just like the housing market.

“Your house is worth so much, you could sell it and make a killing”

Yeah, but then you have to (wait for it) go buy someone else’s place so that THEY make a killing, LOL (unless you make a bigger move where prices are better). It’s a vicious circle.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Welcome to the new economy bouyed by a purposely shrunken dollar. It is not just guns, other things have similar price craziness.

For example entry level Squier electric guitars that were $159 and on sale for $139 before the election are solidly over $200 now, same with the entry level Epiphone special II's. Effects pedals that were on sale for $79 are now either $125 plus or out of stock. That also pushes the used gear up.

Try to buy a car, Many times a used two year old car or pickup is within a couple percent of what the price when delivered new.

Bad times.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yep, just like the housing market.

“Your house is worth so much, you could sell it and make a killing”

Yeah, but then you have to (wait for it) go buy someone else’s place so that THEY make a killing, LOL (unless you make a bigger move where prices are better). It’s a vicious circle.
    Due to job transfers, we had two couples move away in the last couple years. Not far, just a few hours away. Both owned their local homes outright, and sold for what seemed like huge money. Both now live in a lesser house and have mortgages. They could not help it, not wanting to loose their retirements, but neither really profited after all the expense. The realtors made money.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    IMO, if I really wanted something right now, I'd be searching very hard for the best deal possible and then make the purchase because the likelihood of the item becoming significantly cheaper is next to nil.

If prices still seem extremely high after dropping significantly from pandemic prices, then perhaps your expectations are simply not realistic. From what I've seen, the tanking economy has greatly reduced the prices on used guns on average and new guns have not risen as sharply as everything else with inflation.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I have been buying & selling guns for 35+ years & have never seen anything like what I see lately...
    Every Pistol, Revolver, Rifle & Shotgun is marked way more than it should be able to buy NEW!
    Have a look here in the classifieds & you will see what I mean...
    Is it possible that all the sellers got hosed during the pandemic & now think their gear is somehow GOLD!
    That's why I had some of my guns listed on gunbroker last summer - some of the prices they sold for floored me! My bought new in 1997 Marlin 39AS for $350 brought me $1550 and that's after consignment fee. It's a seller's market for sure.

Top Bottom