• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    Honestly, I'm pretty tired of this extortion game the NRA plays to justify their bad behavior. They are not indispensable. The strength of gun rights is in the people of this country who own guns, not the NRA. Keep hiring criminals, cozying up to Russian nationals, paying exorbitant salaries, and negotiating away rights, and you deserve to fade away. The fight for gun rights does not begin and end with the NRA.

The NRA has been a ****ing embarrassment to the cause for years, and they need to clean house if they expect to have any prayer of holding on. Wayne needs to go.

My thoughts as well. I've been a member for a long time, and was considering moving up to a life membership at the convention this year. I ended up not even going to the convention, and unless they take care of their internal problems and stop begging for more and more money from their members, I won't be renewing when my membership expires in a couple years. I'll support GOA or another gun rights group that I feel has the best interest of GUN OWNERS in mind, not themselves or their politician buddies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So let's just take a look at some of the stories floating around. We have the Associated Press and some othe main stream media outlets planting stories about dissention and financial problems in the NRA. These media outlets have never been friends of the Second Amendment.

If you were on the other side, what do you think would be the best way to tear 2A supporters apart and reduce their influence on politics? Beat them with facts (which cannot be done) or try to make them fight each other?

Be very suspicious of those who have a long history of opposing you........

Exactly what the left is already doing. Stoking the fires and making the NRA look weak and incompetent to the 2A crowd, trying to push them to leave for organizations that don't have the muscle to change the country the way the NRA has.

To anyone who doubts the NRA, I suggest you start looking at carry law changes over the past 50 years, and the amount of states that have been liberated. That can all be thrown away.

All the buts in the world doesn't change that. If people want to throw an emotional tantrum, and throw their fellow gun owners under the bus because they think they're taking a principled approach, then that's on them. The world isn't kind, and you rarely get everything you want.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Exactly what the left is already doing. Stoking the fires and making the NRA look weak and incompetent to the 2A crowd
    We need to get to the bottom of how the left and the mainstream media infiltrated the NRA and forced LaPierre to spend $275,000 at a Hollywood clothing boutique, $29,000 for a Christmas vacation in the Bahamas, and is laundering other personal expenses through a law firm. How did the left orchestrate a sweetheart deal for Ackerman & McQueen to the tune of $94,000 a day? We need to understand how those sneaky lefties did those things.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    We need to get to the bottom of how the left and the mainstream media infiltrated the NRA and forced LaPierre to spend $275,000 at a Hollywood clothing boutique, $29,000 for a Christmas vacation in the Bahamas, and is laundering other personal expenses through a law firm. How did the left orchestrate a sweetheart deal for Ackerman & McQueen to the tune of $94,000 a day? We need to understand how those sneaky lefties did those things.

I don't think anyone is blaming the left for what you say, but rather commenting how they are manipulating the thoughts of those who are bashing the NRA. The anti-gun people/groups/media see this as an opportunity to infiltrate the the weaker minds of the NRA members; infiltrate - divide and try to conquer.

It appears as though some NRA members are falling for their agenda.

While I do not appreciate the extravagant practices of the NRA, I will not turn my back on them and allow the enemy to gain in their efforts to destroy my 2nd amendment rights. The other pro-gun lobbyists, while excellent in their efforts, are not strong enough to pick up the pieces from a fallen NRA; otherwise they too would be in the crosshairs of the anti-gun people.

I view this as an opportunity to make the NRA bigger and stronger, not a time to whine and cry about them.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

We have a bad president sometimes in this country, it doesn't make the country bad.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Considering the current sitting president was terrible for 2A rights, I'm not sure if all is lost for the 2nd Amendment.

Now gun owners will fight for their rights instead of sitting there like boiled frogs while "their guy" infringes. Precedent matters. If Biden tells the ATF to "reclassify" anything, thank Trump.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Gotcha, we can blame Trump for president Harris' actions then?

Would an effective NRA of ten years ago have changed any of that?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Yes, we can. Precedent matters. Trump did it. No one fought. Now it is just what happens.

On the NRA side, did the NRA really do anything 10 years ago?

I have had the NRA help locally. We had a fantastic coordinator in our area, David Conte, help with local protests and getting the word out in fighting zoning boards.

Largely, though these protests and large gatherings were coordinated by individuals. Not the NRA. The NRA was there after plenty of people joined in, but they wouldn't build the push to get a protest going. Not 10 years ago. Not 5 years ago. The NRA showed up. There never was $$$$$ of help, more like $$$ of help. Which is good, but coffee and donuts only go so far.

Seeing the financial reports of the NRA makes sense that they never really were able to do anything. Hire lots of people. Do lots of talking. Send lots of mailers. Jump on cases the SAF was running. Have a few of their own. Still waiting for the Hughes Amendment fight they promised.

I'm a nobody and this has been my personal experience with the NRA while pushing for gun rights in NWI.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So the last president was no good and the NRA is no good.

What is our "organized" plan to fend off the real self proclaimed flag-waving well-funded antigunners soon to be in the Whitehouse?

Orange man and Lapierre bad supposedly got us here? :n00b:

What's the plan?

Last edited:

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Let's not forget that the 2A is not going down easy. You cannot just "abolish the 2A" or send it to the SCOTUS to be dismantled.

There is a very specific process to repeal a US Constitutional Amendment. You MUST create and ratify another amendment to accomplish this task. EG: 18th=Prohibition. 21st=Repeal of Prohibition.
    And a "51% majority" in one part of the congress is not enough.

It must be a 2/3rds (66%) majority in both the House and the Senate
    (more details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_proposed_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution)

As stated by someone else in this thread, he has been horrible on both 1A and 2A issues, but even if there is a Biden/Harris win they will not have enough backing to overturn the 2A.

That said, they could do some damage with the (fickle) puppets at the BATFE. We have already seen the results of the damage that 45 already did in that regard.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So the last president was no good and the NRA is no good.

What is our "organized" plan to fend off the real self proclaimed flag-waving well-funded antigunners soon to be in the Whitehouse?

Orange man and Lapierre bad supposedly got us here? :n00b:

What's the plan?

How about doing the same thing we did during the Obama years.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So the plan is to do nothing? Wait and see what they do to us with the 2A at the top of their list?

Continue to berate our only effective 2A lobby organization? The only 2A lobby organization that ever made much difference?

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So the plan is to do nothing? Wait and see what they do to us with the 2A at the top of their list?

Continue to berate our only effective 2A lobby organization? The only 2A lobby organization that ever made much difference?

I'm still an active member... I just don't like the exec ceo.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    The sum of $275,000 is apparently for 13 years (2004-2017). Still doesn't sound great. But it definitely is a difference. Once one "fact" is less than honest it cast doubts on the rest. I found that on a hostile site in less than a minute. https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/nras-falling-fortunes Who would want to hurt the NRA? You should maybe fact check some of the left's talking points before you help them.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Why attack the only organization that supported and protected the Second Amendment for decades? Every single INGO member should be a member and support the NRA. Sure mistakes have been made; however, no other “gun group” has fought as hard for gun rights as the NRA. Pretty soon you will see the damage done to the Second Amendment by Biden and that witch Harris. Just wait and see and you will wish the NRA was as strong as it ever was to protect your right to keep and bear arms. Peace and out by a Patriot at Patron Level Life Member.

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Let's not forget that the 2A is not going down easy. You cannot just "abolish the 2A" or send it to the SCOTUS to be dismantled.

There is a very specific process to repeal a US Constitutional Amendment. You MUST create and ratify another amendment to accomplish this task. EG: 18th=Prohibition. 21st=Repeal of Prohibition.
    And a "51% majority" in one part of the congress is not enough.

It must be a 2/3rds (66%) majority in both the House and the Senate
    (more details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_proposed_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution)

As stated by someone else in this thread, he has been horrible on both 1A and 2A issues, but even if there is a Biden/Harris win they will not have enough backing to overturn the 2A.

That said, they could do some damage with the (fickle) puppets at the BATFE. We have already seen the results of the damage that 45 already did in that regard.

You can't just abolish it, but you can legislate it to death well before SCotUS sees the first case.

If the Dems take the Senate and Joe gets the nod, count on a full-court press on guns and more. Don't forget, we're in a "crisis". It will not be allowed to go to waste.

Top Bottom