• ...and so much more!
  • wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    If anyone is a member I would urge you to call and email the NRA and actually voice your concerns TO THEM.
    Im voicing my desire for LaPierre to step down immediately.

If you are willing to compromise on bumpstocks, you are part of the problem with the NRA.
    If you are willing to compromise to expand background checks, you are part of the problem with the NRA.
    If you are willing to expand and pass red flag laws, you are pRt of the problem with the NRA.
    If you are willing yo say oh well I dont need a suppressor so I dont care if they pass legistlation to take them off the NFA registry, then you are part of the problem with the NRA.
    If you are willing to compromise one more GD INCH then YOU are whats wrong with the ****ing NRA and YOU ARE A FUDD!

Wake the hell up people.
    We need the NRA, but we need it to be OUR NRA! A modern lean mean freedom fighting machine. We CAN fix the NRA. How do I know? Because look at the money they pull in. Grassroots arent built overnight. GOA (Im a life member and fully support them) doesnt hold a candle to the lobying power of the NRA. How do I know? How many times has the President and VP of the USA came to speak at the GOA national meeting? Exactly ... Zero
    Its easier to fix than it is to destroy. We need to tighten up our ranks and stop bashing the NRA as a WHOLE and be laser focused on the real problems inside the NRA. The leadership.
    Take them out and fire them or remove them and lets move on and get this **** done BEFORE 2020!!! If we show we are vulnerable and infighting then the anti-gun lobying groups and democrats are gonna pick us off!!!! And theyll do it too because politicians are pansys and they will abandon a weak NRA (congress im meaning)
    I couldn't had said it any better myself. This 'oh, well I don't need a full auto anyway, or I don't need a 30 rd magazine, or I don't need a supressor, I don't care if they background check me since I have nothing to hide...
    ' ain't gettin it done. Give em hell TT.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I couldn't had said it any better myself. This 'oh, well I don't need a full auto anyway, or I don't need a 30 rd magazine, or I don't need a supressor, I don't care if they background check me since I have nothing to hide...
    ' ain't gettin it done. Give em hell TT.

Don't forget "I don't care about THAT gun, because it has no sporting use."

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Amazing to hear all of the complaints. There have been many, many strides forward. Carry laws have drastically changed for the better over the years. Stand your ground laws are a step in the right direction. A ruling that owning a gun is an individual right, is a huge leap forward. The NRA is THE power broker in D.C. Yes, apparently there are many problems within the top management that need mending. If you voted for board members who hold strong 2A opinions, then good for you. If you didn't vote, you have no complaints. If you voted for celebs, you made a mistake. Knocking the NRA is easy. Doing something to make it better is hard. Most gun owners won't even join any gun rights organization, so if you are a member of at least one, then good for you. Make no mistake. There are billionaires out there supporting anti-2A agendas who will spread rumors, gossip and lies to take down the NRA. Don't fall for it.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Amazing to hear all of the complaints. There have been many, many strides forward. Carry laws have drastically changed for the better over the years. Stand your ground laws are a step in the right direction. A ruling that owning a gun is an individual right, is a huge leap forward. The NRA is THE power broker in D.C. Yes, apparently there are many problems within the top management that need mending. If you voted for board members who hold strong 2A opinions, then good for you. If you didn't vote, you have no complaints. If you voted for celebs, you made a mistake. Knocking the NRA is easy. Doing something to make it better is hard. Most gun owners won't even join any gun rights organization, so if you are a member of at least one, then good for you. Make no mistake. There are billionaires out there supporting anti-2A agendas who will spread rumors, gossip and lies to take down the NRA. Don't fall for it.

Very well said Sir. I agree. :yesway:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    The NRA has it's problems just like everyone else. I don't see why we would abandon our biggest voice to the .gov.

Not that the GOA or SAF aren't worthy causes, they just don't have the power the NRA does.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm done with the NRA. My money is going to GoA from now on. At least they don't compromise.
    No need for compromise when you never get to the dance. I’m a member of SAF, and GOA, but neither do more than the NRA except for complain about the NRA similar to you and others in this thread. Put your money where your mou...keyboard is, become an NRA Life member and VOTE!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Their size only excuses so much poor behavior, and from where I'm standing their supposed results are pretty weak as of late. Big salaries are supposed to bring big talent, and I'm not seeing it.

Major changes need to be made. I'm watching this whole thing closely.
    Then quit typing and start ****ing doing! Pony up for voting rights and start voting. I did, Trigger Time did, along with thousands of others this past weekend. Complaining without doing is just so much suck running.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

^^^ This right here... ^^^

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    All NRA officers including LaPierre were just re-elected unanimously. Sorry not sorry, the organization is dead to me. The corruption is terminal, and they clearly have no intention of making meaningful change. The politburo has spoken. The NRA will never see a dime from me.

Oh, well. As membership declines and their income tapers off and Bloomberg outspends them 3-to-1, I'm sure Wayne, Chris, and the board will continue living fat and happy off the donations of old fudds from the Charlton Heston days.

Like I'm supposed to pay money to go vote in an organization that clearly DGAF about anyone but themselves and reacts to all this tourmoil and criticism with "we have unanimously decided that none of us have done anything wrong and we will all be retaining our jobs and paychecks"? Get real. I hope the NY AG burns the NRA down and GOA/2AF/etc take over. Corrupt old fudds out, new blood in. I'd rather give $10 to the 2AF and see $5 used productively than give $100 to the NRA and see $2 used productively and $98 paid to the solicitations department and sweetheart PR firms with executives' friends and spouses on the board collecting kickbacks for them to bolster their already outrageous salaries.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    NRA better get their :poop: together real soon or we’re going to become an endangered species. I’m through forking over money to them until they prove to me 2A comes first.

Tim (MAC) sums it up:

Negotiating
    Rights
    Away

It isn’t just about my vote; I’ve seen how little that matters. If they want Life memberships out of me for my wife and kids they have a long way to go to regain my trust and confidence. Way too many compromises lately.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Have the rumors the NRA dropped Ackerman McQueen been confirmed or refuted? Been hearing this rumor passed around but no concrete evidence it was even discussed at the BoD meeting. It would at least be a mild step in the right direction.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    All NRA officers including LaPierre were just re-elected unanimously. Sorry not sorry, the organization is dead to me. The corruption is terminal, and they clearly have no intention of making meaningful change. The politburo has spoken. The NRA will never see a dime from me.

Oh, well. As membership declines and their income tapers off and Bloomberg outspends them 3-to-1, I'm sure Wayne, Chris, and the board will continue living fat and happy off the donations of old fudds from the Charlton Heston days.

Like I'm supposed to pay money to go vote in an organization that clearly DGAF about anyone but themselves and reacts to all this tourmoil and criticism with "we have unanimously decided that none of us have done anything wrong and we will all be retaining our jobs and paychecks"? Get real. I hope the NY AG burns the NRA down and GOA/2AF/etc take over. Corrupt old fudds out, new blood in. I'd rather give $10 to the 2AF and see $5 used productively than give $100 to the NRA and see $2 used productively and $98 paid to the solicitations department and sweetheart PR firms with executives' friends and spouses on the board collecting kickbacks for them to bolster their already outrageous salaries.
    It's us "old fudds" who have paid for the rights you now enjoy. If not for us, you'd have far fewer gun rights and selections of firearms. I'm not surprised that some short-sighted youngsters still aren't appreciative of the efforts made over the years. I really don't care much about gun owners who want the NRA destroyed. They are dead to me.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Then quit typing and start ****ing doing! Pony up for voting rights and start voting. I did, Trigger Time did, along with thousands of others this past weekend. Complaining without doing is just so much suck running.
    Yep vigilant and I upgraded at the show. We donate, we voted, we call and write. We talk with owners of 2a businesses and effect a change in the mindset among gun owners. Truly, things are changing. More and more gun owners are not willing to give up one damn thing. We dont even own bumbstocks and never did but we are fighting for the right to own them because NONE of the 2nd amendment shall be infringed! You cant just fight for the parts you like.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Im a patron life member now. But im also a life GOA member and ive actualy donated more money to GOA this year than the NRA. Its like investing your nest egg, why only pick 1 nest when you can pick 2 nests in case one gets compromised.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    It's us "old fudds" who have paid for the rights you now enjoy. If not for us, you'd have far fewer gun rights and selections of firearms. I'm not surprised that some short-sighted youngsters still aren't appreciative of the efforts made over the years. I really don't care much about gun owners who want the NRA destroyed. They are dead to me.

Um, what? I too am reaching old fart status, and I have finally positioned myself at the opposite end of the NRA debate than where you are. Unlike you, I will no longer turn a blind eye to what the NRA has done and will continue to do if left unchecked.

You claim that we old farts have paid for the rights that the youngsters enjoy today... I declare shenanigans to that! Until the 1930's there were ZERO federal laws on the books concerning firearms, and only a handful of state concealed carry laws around the country. Not only did the NRA support gun control for much of the 20th century, its leadership in fact lobbied for, and co-authored gun control legislation. Under the watch of the "old fudds", the NRA helped to write the NFA in the 1930s. They were also part of the unholy alliance with government that supported California’s Mulford Act of 1967, and supported Gun Control Act of 1968, with the exception of a national registry. (The NRA's Franklin Orth stated that despite portions of the law appearing “unduly restrictive, the measure as a whole appears to be one that the sportsmen of America can live with.”) For much of the 20th century, the NRA had lobbied and co-authored legislation that was similar to the modern legislative measures that most here on this forum would characterize as unconstitutional. Let's not forget about the most recent 2A sins like the NRA's call for a bump stock ban... This is the one that is fresh in the mind's of the youngsters.

It seems to me that the old fudds at the NRA have been negotiating away what was supposed to be an absolute right from the 1930s till today.

So tell the youngsters once again how us "old fudds" have paid for the rights that they now enjoy. I'll let you tell them because I just don't see it.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The NRA has always carried its detractors along also on the mission to preserve the Second Amendment. We'll continue to do so... ;)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

The past is the past. I owe the NRA nothing based on what they did in the past, which...remind me again, didn't they support basically every major piece of gun control legislation? Including current red flag laws? Negotiating Rights Away.

"What have you done for me lately?"

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Here we are on a gun forum, and a lot of very pro-gun people are telling those of you who are ardent supporters of the the NRA why they will not support them. It seems to me that those supporters would want to maybe look at the things that are stopping people from wanting to support the NRA. They they should maybe look to make some changes to attract those people, instead of telling them they should just ignore what bothers them and support it anyway.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Here we are on a gun forum, and a lot of very pro-gun people are telling those of you who are ardent supporters of the the NRA why they will not support them. It seems to me that those supporters would want to maybe look at the things that are stopping people from wanting to support the NRA. They they should maybe look to make some changes to attract those people, instead of telling them they should just ignore what bothers them and support it anyway.

So the NRA should change their mission to better adapt to a small loud batch of "smarter than you" folks, many of whom have likely never financially supported any Second Amendment lobby organization?

Maybe when and if one of the other, tiny by comparison, gun owner organizations take hold and actually start making some progress?

Maybe the NRA neighsayers should spend as much time promoting their "better" organizations as trashing the only one who has gotten much done? Where are the links to the INGO threads selling the virtues of the GOA and others with their better ways?

:dunno:

Top Bottom