• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    You can't just abolish it, but you can legislate it to death well before SCotUS sees the first case.

If the Dems take the Senate and Joe gets the nod, count on a full-court press on guns and more. Don't forget, we're in a "crisis". It will not be allowed to go to waste.
    Yep, we're in for a big fight. It's time to join the NRA, GOA and any other group you think preserves what we have been assured by the Second Amendment. Time also to limber up those typing fingers to inform elected officials of our concerns. This is not the time to bicker among ourselves, but to be united. I can't prove it, but I suspect most of the new gun owners won't be motivated to protect our 2A rights. It's up to those of us who exercise the 2A to the fullest, with semi-auto firearms and full capacity magazines, etc.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Yep, we're in for a big fight. It's time to join the NRA, GOA and any other group you think preserves what we have been assured by the Second Amendment. Time also to limber up those typing fingers to inform elected officials of our concerns. This is not the time to bicker among ourselves, but to be united. I can't prove it, but I suspect most of the new gun owners won't be motivated to protect our 2A rights. It's up to those of us who exercise the 2A to the fullest, with semi-auto firearms and full capacity magazines, etc.
    That's dead on. If only every gun owner realized the fight we're in for, we wouldn't be in this position.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I am a member of all of them. Depending on the midterms in 2022, we are in for a fight at least for the next two years. One team one fight.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Trying to "Defeat The NRA" or any other Progun organization is like unplugging spark plug wires so you get better gas mileage. Jeeezzz.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Any of you members of the Second Amendment Foundation? https://www.saf.org/
    If so, what do you think of it? I have renewed my NRA membership (that was a tough one to be honest with what's transpired but I still renewed). Thinking about joining the GOA. And was wondering about opinions on the Second Amendment Foundation?
    Any other similar organizations please list them also in case there's others that I didn't list.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Any of you members of the Second Amendment Foundation? https://www.saf.org/
    If so, what do you think of it? I have renewed my NRA membership (that was a tough one to be honest with what's transpired but I still renewed). Thinking about joining the GOA. And was wondering about opinions on the Second Amendment Foundation?
    Any other similar organizations please list them also in case there's others that I didn't list.

https://the2aproject.com/

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is it only the organization destroying itself? Or is a lot of the problem coming from a loud few looking for their own personal perfect organization?

Sadly, we might just have to find out soon how much of a fatal error for the Second Amendment all the NRA bad mouthing has been to us? :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think the NRA leadership has done a great job at destroying the organization si far. They need new leadership and none that are thieves.

Find an organization with that level of revenues that the leadership are not thieves. It would seem that no one can really be trusted sitting on that big a pile of money.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Find an organization with that level of revenues that the leadership are not thieves. It would seem that no one can really be trusted sitting on that big a pile of money.

Something I've noticed about large successful organizations is that the leadership really have to be focused on fundraising and those people draw large paychecks. It's sort of a fact of life. The organization has to pay a market rate for that caliber of leadership. It's true in almost every nonprofit Ive looked at. Many complain that the highly paid leadership are "thieves", but its also a function of the marketplace.

I'm not saying that WLP is the right person for the job today. In fact, I think he might have been in position too long and should move on for hte good of the cause. But his replacement is going to command a hefty compensation package.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When you take funds that are not part of your pay thats thievery. When you buy houses, boats, etc with donations and not the pay they give you thats thievery.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A few usual suspects that have NEVER posted a positive thought about The NRA.

There will never be a positive conversation on this subject.

The GOA does not sell memberships, solicit donations and their leadership work pro Bono, that seems like a great organization.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A few usual suspects that have NEVER posted a positive thought about The NRA.

There will never be a positive conversation on this subject.

The GOA does not sell memberships, solicit donations and their leadership work pro Bono, that seems like a great organization.

Yes it is. I'm a proud GoA member. I switched years ago when the NRA did nothing about the bump stock ban. I don't have one nor want one but it was a legal stock until.....

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    When you take funds that are not part of your pay thats thievery. When you buy houses, boats, etc with donations and not the pay they give you thats thievery.
    Those are serious criminal accusations. If they can be proven, then someone is in a heap of trouble. If they are just rumors, spread by anti-gunners or malcontents, then they don't deserve to be bandied about.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good point. A lot of the "facts" about the NRA leadership that get bandied about are actually created on facebook and the like. Sites that are anti-gun in the first place, let alone conducive to undercover anti-gun influencers.

I'm happy a to take all of my 2A support to GOA or any other organization who can can have the lobbying influence on congress as the NRA has. Have yet to see ANY organization with congressional lobbying influence other than the NRA.

Are we gonna **** around and let the new administration do exactly what they told us they would do, just to prove the NRA isn't everyone's perfect?

We've just gone through an election where the ONLY real gun lobby organization was hardly ever mentioned. Happy with the results?

Should we rethink this going forward? :dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Something I've noticed about large successful organizations is that the leadership really have to be focused on fundraising and those people draw large paychecks. It's sort of a fact of life. The organization has to pay a market rate for that caliber of leadership. It's true in almost every nonprofit Ive looked at. Many complain that the highly paid leadership are "thieves", but its also a function of the marketplace.

I'm not saying that WLP is the right person for the job today. In fact, I think he might have been in position too long and should move on for hte good of the cause. But his replacement is going to command a hefty compensation package.

This is is a great post bringing up a point I have been trying to get accross here for a while. There is a lot of simple thinking here that the CEO of the NRA must take a vow to never make more than the poster makes, otherwise it is just too much. I have compared WPL compensation to others running similar big dollar organizations coupled with his political contacts and it is not out of line. If they boot him we lose a lot, and it will take years to get it back. Then all the badmouthing will take years to get members back to full support.

Overall, the anti's were quite successful in the mission to weaken the NRA and the pro second amendment fighters. They say thanks to all who assisted playing a part in this success...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I am looking at the way they spend the money and the nepitism involved. There are deeper issues as well.
    I do agree that to be the big dog means you get the big dog money. But the way it is distributed. Thats the key. What are all those employees doing. I do not see much of any activity from them in regards to maintaining my 2A.

Top Bottom