• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Well just got the word couple hours ago that my fiance and my offer on a new to us home in porter county. So hopefully all the closing items and inspection and assessor go over well.
    The home needs some work mostly paint and windows.
    so if you know someone that can get windows or riding lawn mower let me know.
    The house is definitely not your typical starter home with 2200 sq ft and a full unfinished basement. So very excited Haha.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Congratulations! I've got a riding mower mower you can have if you can pick it up on the N. Side of Indy. It's taking up space and I'd be happy to see it go to a young couple about to embark on the journey of their life.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The guys at Lake Mortgage are shooters and you should call them about the loan.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    use the basement to contain the armory.. woooot :rockwoot:
    Haha yes yes this will be happening.

Hooky you will have a PM coming. Thank you very much for the generous offer.

Coach Thank you for the recommendation.

Phil I have not setup an inspector yet so i will look into them. Thank you very much.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Tomorrow is inspection day. So hopefully all goes well. I know one window for sure has to be replaced before i could move in and a couple others shortly after but aside from that it appeared cosmetic.
    So hopefully the inspections think the same because were this not a foreclosure it would not be in my price range. lol

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Good luck with the inspection, and the whole process. We finally closed on our house two weeks ago and I've never been so glad to be done with anything. Paperwork, emails, phone calls, meetings, signing my name a thousand times...I'm never moving again.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    welcome to debt up to your eyeballs. Hopefully, this housing market turns around and this turns out to be the best purchase of your life. Mine didn't work that way, but I'm trying a 2nd time!

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Well just received the word the appraisal went well after some minor issues but fixed those up. Now set for meeting Friday for Closing :rockwoot: :ingo: :patriot:.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If you dont have thousand (and I mean THOUSANDS!) in reserves (like you should), then buy a home warranty. I have America Home Shield, and they have been great. I bought my first house in August, and a they had to put a few thousand into the furnace this year. I was really glad I wasnt footing that bill. Plus, it was really cold and they had the tech out there early on a Sunday for me. The repair guy said he normally charges double for the out of hours call, and another 25% for it being a Sunday call!

So definitely check into it. It cost us $600, but since we werent sure about some of the things (the water heater may or may not blow before August rolls around). The way I looked at it was $600 to have a year of fairly controlled costs. It payed off, but even it hadnt, it would have been nice to just have that layer of security. Now I know a bit more about my house, I have a better idea of the things I need to have repaired or replaced, and I dont feel the need to renew it this August.

Top Bottom