• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We can call BS all day long, but this is the camel's nose trying to sneak under the tent:

But when the Hoosier Survey asked about background checks for gun sales, 83 percent expressed support. Only 16 percent are opposed.

A smaller majority, 51 percent, supports a federal database to track gun sales.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The article says "The poll is conducted by telephone, where 360 landline calls and 240 cell phone calls were made. The margin of error is 5.2%."

I want to know where they found 360 landlines in this day and age. A total of 600 calls? How statically valid is that for application statewide?

The other thing about polls like this is that they only reflect the opinions of people that are willing to waste time talking to them. JMHO, but that leaves out most normal people.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    They passed laws banning "scary looking" gun and those evil "clips" in NY, CT, and MD and people didn't obey. If they don't obey in sheeple-heavy states like these, how well will it fly here?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I could imagine, if the question were worded slimily enough, 83% of people would support background checks. But the 83% also support "assault rifles" seems high, no matter how slimily they worded it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This poll, like a plurality of the O.P.'s posts, is pure, unadulterated bovine excrement.
    There is now way n God's green earth you're going to convince me of these stats.

They can say what they want, and repeat it as often as thy want. Doesn't mean it's true.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I find that to be horse-pucky...when you consider what the federal government has tried to do in the knee-jerk reaction that results when a shooting occurs, the states have advanced 'gun laws' and allowed personal protection to expand (nearly) everywhere! Even the courts have found 'laws' against an individual being allowed to obtain a gun and protect themselves with it to be 'wrong'...and they righted those wrongs. (IL, Washington DC, the number of states now allowing '2-A' carry, various states recognizing other states carry permits/license, etc.)

Any poll that states that a 'super-majority', especially in Indiana, is 'for' gun control...is skewed!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Scientific"

Dr-Evil-Air-Quotes.gif.cf.gif

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    So actually looking at these results confuse me. They say there is a large portion of people in favor of gun control but I see the poll results on there page and it is quite the opposite.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    http://bowencenterforpublicaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Night-3-Results.pdf

There is strong support for three out of four gun control measures being advanced nationallyin the wake of a series of mass shootings. Hoosiers support measures to prevent thementally-ill from purchasing guns (83%), making private gun sales at gun shows subject tobackground checks (83%), and creating a federal database to track all gun sales (70%). Overallsupport for these measures matches the national averages as measured by the Pew ResearchCenter, July 14-20, 2015. Support holds across political parties, regions of the state, andcommunity type. Support is somewhat lower for a ban on assault weapon sales (51%) andthere is greater variation across parties and regions.

Baloney. BSU is full of, well, BS.

64% of Hoosiers in rural areas support a federal database of gun ownership? Yeah, Indiana Dems keep drinking that Kool Aid. Run for office on that platform and see what happens...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    A few years back I was watching a gun control poll on a major news site. It was going heavily pro-gun. Every time I refreshed the page there were 15, 20, 30 more pro-gun votes. Then, all of a sudden, EXACTLY 5,000 votes were added to the anti-gun side. Then watched more pro- gun votes, 20, 30, 50 at a time with every refresh, and once again all at once 5,000 anti-gun votes were added to the poll.

I don't believe in polls on news sites. They're bull****.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's absolutely a lie..

"Just over half — 51.3 percent — support a ban on assault weapons with 48.7 percent opposed."

Funny, I just took that poll and 83.98 are OPPOSED.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    They would find it almost impossible to get through to me in the first place, I would almost certainly refuse a poll anyway, but if I was feeling extremely magnanimous (or ornery) I would lie to them generally, to invalidate or poison the database. Not even kidding.

If these rectal orifices would operate constitutionally, these polls would be meaningless anyway; the laws are supposed to protect the minority from the vagaries of majority opinion.

Top Bottom