• eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    HOE-banner-2012.jpg

DNR: The Hoosier Outdoor Experience

Just a friendly reminder! If you are looking for something to do this weekend, this is THE event!

The Hoosier Outdoor Experience is Indiana’s largest, hands-on outdoor recreation event. Held on the grounds of Fort Harrison State Park, the free event features more than 50 activities and 120 grassroots partners. Activities range from fishing to riding in off-road vehicles.

Yes, there are shooting activities - Shotgun, pellet rifle, archery, and even the atlatl.

TONS of other outdoor activities as well. The website claims 50+, but that number is LOW. Plan on spending a good part of a day, and STILL not see it all. Plenty of stuff for kids and adults alike.

I'll be there all weekend, running the Jeep and 4x4 Rides. Stop by and say "Hello".

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The boys and I will be there bright and early, they want to go staright to the Jeep rides, so we will likely see you there!

If anyone hasn't gone to this event, it is a MUST GO event.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I-70 all the way across Indianapolis to the east side.

Option 1) Take I-465 north from I-70 to the 56th Street exit. Head east about 1.5 miles or so, and turn right at the Finance Center (follow the signs). You park there and take a trolley into the park.

Google maps of #1
    https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...w&oq=terr&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1&z=11

Option 2) Take the Post Road exit off of I-70, and then north to 56th Street. Turn left on 56th and park behind the Finance Center on the left (follow the signs).

Google maps of #2
    https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...oq=terr&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=11&via=1,2&z=11

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Gonna be my first time going. Bringing my little guy. Any must see's for a 7 year old full of vinegar?

If you want Jeeps, horses (well, ponies), canoes, or shooting sports (he can shoot the pellet rifles), get there early and do them first. They tend to have lines.

The little dirt bikes are a hoot, as are the pedal bikes. Remote control boats, kids fishing, animal show-n-tell (snakes!), hayrides...... I could go on forever! Tons of stuff for kids. Radio Disney will be there on Sunday, too.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you want Jeeps, horses (well, ponies), canoes, or shooting sports (he can shoot the pellet rifles), get there early and do them first. They tend to have lines.

The little dirt bikes are a hoot, as are the pedal bikes. Remote control boats, kids fishing, animal show-n-tell (snakes!), hayrides...... I could go on forever! Tons of stuff for kids. Radio Disney will be there on Sunday, too.

Awesome! :yesway:

Top Bottom