• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Just got back...what a blast!! Watched the Deer processing demo, did just about everything you could do (and there is a TON). Crowds weren't too bad. Lots of trams and buses to get between areas, food was fairly priced.

Awesome Time...Highly recommended you go if you can. :rockwoot:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just got back...what a blast!! Watched the Deer processing demo, did just about everything you could do (and there is a TON). Crowds weren't too bad. Lots of trams and buses to get between areas, food was fairly priced.

Awesome Time...Highly recommended you go if you can. :rockwoot:

Same here! There was a ton of things to do! Took my little guy and we probably didn't even get through half of everything. Got there about 11 and left a little after 4 (didn't want to catch the crowds trying to get on the buses to their cars). Really cool experience though. :yesway:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I got home an hour ago. Uhg, I am TIRED! Great time, as usual. 560+ Jeep rides today. Fantastic crowds, and perfect weather. Rinse and repeat for tomorrow!

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I got home an hour ago. Uhg, I am TIRED! Great time, as usual. 560+ Jeep rides today. Fantastic crowds, and perfect weather. Rinse and repeat for tomorrow!

Went today, my son & daughter shot BB guns today for the first time (they're young 'uns), didn't want to wait in the long lines for the archery stuff. Tried to do just about everything else though, just not enough time in the day. Icing my knees tonight, that's for sure
    bed.gif

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Thanks for all your hard work putting this together. I saw a lot of smiling kids today!

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I went by myself yesterday to the deer processing demo and then took the whole family today. Went fishing, BB shooting, trail walking, animal petting, playground playing, and anything else the youngens wanted to do. Everybody there did a great job.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You guys doing the shooting sports, or just have a booth?

Either way, I'll try to track you down. Gotta meet the man, the LEGEND

We had a tent by the trolley stop. ISRPA and "Where to shoot in Indiana" banners.

We lured you in and then put a flyer in your hand. Fairly crafty.:D

I was there with El Presidente.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We had a tent by the trolley stop. ISRPA and "Where to shoot in Indiana" banners.

We lured you in and then put a flyer in your hand. Fairly crafty.:D

I was there with El Presidente.
    El Presidente? Do they outrank me? :D

Sorry I didn't get a chance to stop by. We were a TAD busy both days. 567 Jeep Rides on Saturday, and another 500+ on Sunday. That's about 3000 passengers! Roughly 120 miles on my Jeep, all 3/4 of a mile at a time. One of our volunteers calculated it out to 12 smiles to the gallon. :laugh:

Many thanks to all the volunteers. Either with an activity provider, and especially the "floaters". Obviously, this all wouldn't happen without them!

Oh, and thanks for all the guests as well! How you had a great weekend!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I stopped by to see the famous Kirk Freeman, but he wasn't at the tent. I think I see your TJ eldirector, I waited for Jeremy's JK to come around to ride in his since I had ridden in it at stock but not since he lifted it. My girlfriend thought the Jeep trail was crazy, that was until Jeremy and I said this is like the road going to the trails at the Badlands. Will be volunteering next year with my XJ, I think my stock XJ could do the "rock pile".

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This event rocked!!!

I missed eldirector's Jeep and got into the next one that I thought was terrehautian's but it was some other guy who had a blue Jeep like his. :D

Best event was the orienteering course. My boys went absolutely ape **** over it. I had been wanting to try it for some time and it was a jackpot activity. So much so, they wanted to start another course as soon as we finished the first!

Second best was the trapping area. Both boys learned to set a trap and got to do it twice. We were encouraged to attend the Indiana trapping convention in Tipton (fairgrounds) this weekend. We may do it!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I stopped by to see the famous Kirk Freeman, but he wasn't at the tent. I think I see your TJ eldirector, I waited for Jeremy's JK to come around to ride in his since I had ridden in it at stock but not since he lifted it. My girlfriend thought the Jeep trail was crazy, that was until Jeremy and I said this is like the road going to the trails at the Badlands. Will be volunteering next year with my XJ, I think my stock XJ could do the "rock pile".

Sorry I missed ya'! Yeah, folks think our little path is "offroading" (well, technically, it is). I've towed my trailer through worse getting to the trailhead to START offroading!

We took a bone stock JK over the rocks a few times. It was a Dealer Demo, and they weren't all that happy with the skid plate "noise". :D

Next year we will have to plan an INGO meet-n-greet each day. Pick a time and location (the Shooting Sports seems to be the logical area) to put a name and a face to a screen name.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    This event rocked!!!

I missed eldirector's Jeep and got into the next one that I thought was terrehautian's but it was some other guy who had a blue Jeep like his. :D

Best event was the orienteering course. My boys went absolutely ape **** over it. I had been wanting to try it for some time and it was a jackpot activity. So much so, they wanted to start another course as soon as we finished the first!

Second best was the trapping area. Both boys learned to set a trap and got to do it twice. We were encouraged to attend the Indiana trapping convention in Tipton (fairgrounds) this weekend. We may do it!

Put out steel as a kid, lot of work and actually got fur now and then. Cold weather activity............I actually miss it........ a bunch. Glad your kids have taken an interest in it! :D

Top Bottom