• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I actually watched it on TV when it aired. It sounds pretty scary. I was put at ease by a member of a military branch on another forum when he said that the military is well aware of the situation and have been watching them for years. I don't know if that is true but it doesn't seem like this stuff could just pop up over night un-noticed. It is very nerve racking and sounds dangerous. I didn't see any in Indiana on the christianaction.org website.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    I noticed that most of them seem to be mainly near the coasts. Maybe the bubbas and bubbettes here in the heartland scare them. It is unnerving but I can't say that I am surprised.....

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Question for you:

The gentleman that was speaking said that when they spoke to the LEOs about these compounds, the response was that their hands are tied: these "training camps" are Constitutionally protected, and there is nothing they can do. They kind of have a point. Aside from the fact that these training facilities are marketed toward Muslims in the US and Canada, what makes these facilities any different than places like Gunsite, Tactical Response, etc.?

I don't mean to step on toes with this question... I just want to know how to answer when a non-gun-nut (not necessarily an anti, but just not an enthusiast like we are) asks me "What makes them different?" In other words... if the government wanted to shut down these facilities, how could they do it and NOT shut down other training facilities that are marketed to the average Joe American?

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I'm thinkin' this Spring, there may be a "Bubba" Training camp opening up somewhere in area 3

Just give me a time and location. I might have a few things to bring to the table.

A few years ago, I was in the M.E., and some of the other echelons we had with us were Iraqis that had left after Saddam took over, and they were trained by the U.S., in a camp here in the states, just about like the Cubans in Florida. I wonder how these camps were established, especially since I saw Class 3 and Class 9 being utilized in the video.
    Looks like a Spook operation that could easily go sour to me.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Question for you:

They kind of have a point. Aside from the fact that these training facilities are marketed toward Muslims in the US and Canada, what makes these facilities any different than places like Gunsite, Tactical Response, etc.?

I don't mean to step on toes with this question... I just want to know how to answer when a non-gun-nut (not necessarily an anti, but just not an enthusiast like we are) asks me "What makes them different?" In other words... if the government wanted to shut down these facilities, how could they do it and NOT shut down other training facilities that are marketed to the average Joe American?

It's not different. They are completely within their rights to train to kill us all.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Mike 8170 is directly on point. Intelligence agencies have tried these tactics before only to have them backfire. When will we learn that training mercs from other cultures will not reap loyalty to ours?

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    Question for you:

The gentleman that was speaking said that when they spoke to the LEOs about these compounds, the response was that their hands are tied: these "training camps" are Constitutionally protected, and there is nothing they can do. They kind of have a point. Aside from the fact that these training facilities are marketed toward Muslims in the US and Canada, what makes these facilities any different than places like Gunsite, Tactical Response, etc.?

I agree. this could be the easy way for the anti's to push legislation against us. I can't figure out how they can shut these camps down without doing away with 1A and 2A rights. hopefully they are being monitored CLOSELY by the right people.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    The idea of these nuts scares the crap out of me. The only thing that scares me more, is the feds shutting any locations that might be a threat, followed by confiscating guns "for the good of the country."

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It's not different. They are completely within their rights to train to kill us all.

They train to kill us all. We train to kill them. In the end we'll probably just have to see whether "sight picture, breath control, squeeze the trigger, gently like a ****" beats "Insh'allah"

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The mindset they teach at proper training facilities (like Gunsite) is survival and shooting. Separatist or terrorist schools teach mindsets like cause-endearing suicide or political/sociological/religious hatred. Huge difference, but unfortuantely, not one that can be discerned by those with their head in the sand. Anything related to a gun (good or not) is bad to them. Plus, if you add enough buzz words to it like WMD (some class 3 or higher weapons) or terrorism training (regular shooting and tactics training), you can easily twist the minds of the uninformed. Funny how doctrines of ethics in news reporting can be thrown out in the pursuit of getting funding or ratings. I spent two years of my 5 at college learning reporting and journalism ethics only to see these news outlets throw them out to get more ratings on "slow" news days. Disgusting...

Ashkelon and Mike 8170 is 100% right. While not usually here in the States, training given to "indigenous" personnel has a tendency to come back at us. Some of the ARVN we trained eventually traitored South Vietnam towards the end. Alot of the Mujahadeen hate us to all get out. Iraq's weapons programs that we cultured to fight Iran were pointed at us (thank goodness not used). Hell, some of the Iraqi commanders and troops were educated here in the US. Now, while not "training" it was government sanctioned and eventually found to be used against us.

Islamic oriented camps? Hard to tell. Some MAY ACTUALLY be a benign thing, however, there are just enough nutjobs or those who have been corrupted by evil men using Islam to their own ends to potentially have things like these training camps shut down. But the thing that threatens honorable places forged by the will and hard work of men like Jeff Cooper IS the same thing that corrupts Islam: Ignorance. If there was a better ratio of Islamic teachers that taught Islam in it's true form (peaceful and civil) opposed to those that teach Islam the wrong way (using fanaticism forged by poverty to dellude others into following a way of evil, hate and suicide), the Middle East may be JUST a SMIDGE less violent and the US wouldn't have AS MANY problems :D. There is one universal factor in a lot of actions taken by folks that are not correct to sociological ideals and that is ignorance or misinformation.

That is why we need to work with people (congresscritters or laymen), watch the watchers, give GOOD information to those who need it (instead of sending out of date or incorrect/baseless information), present our side in a non-condescending or "Ill teach them a lesson b/c they are stupid" fashion, WE WILL WIN in the end. Watch the world around you, with an open mind, but also my favorite phrase: Suspicious Awareness. Not paranoia, not closemindedness, but an open, accepting mentality but CRAVING information to base a judgement upon, not baseless nit-wit-ery. Those are the key to success not only with this struggle, but the struggle for 2nd Amendment rights as well.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Question for you:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I dont like the idea of the government shutting things down. I wonder if these people who are training are US citizens? If not, i have no problem with them being shut down.

That being said, it wouldnt make me upset to hear that the people in these camps disappeared and the camps burned to the ground.

Top Bottom