Home invasion * A true story * how I survived!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I was the summer of "05" and I lived in the Ghetto with my wife and new baby boy. The neighbors knew me or knew of me. And I open carried a 40cal S&W sigma. Every knew I owned a gun. So did the stupid gang-bangers white,black and Mexican that roamed the area..... I have been called an angel by the elderly on my street because I carried there groceries, mowed there lawns and most importantly kept them and there property safe. This wasn't easy. Where I lived... I was the closest thing to law there was. And I even broke a few in order to keep peace or save lives. And needless to say the thugs hated me.
    My car was cocktail bombed (destroyed completely) My porch was set on fire destroying my siding. My dog was killed and my home was shot up. And last but not least before this nightmare was over. 2 men with guns. 1 had a revolver (It was loaded). .....they wanted money and wanted my guns........ Now heres the part where men differ...- I had a gun on my hip that they didn't see. I was scared like never before. But I stayed calm and lied. I gave them my wallet, my money, my phone,camera and everything else I could offer.... I told them I sold them because I needed money to move. I kept telling them that. And giving them my belongings.
    I had a newborn in my bedroom.... I wanted them to stay in the room with me.... And I was no match for 2 armed men at close range. I had to stay still so they didn't see my gun that was only covered by my shirt. And I had about 3 seconds to make a decision. After I filled there pockets and hands with anything I could give them they fired a shot at me and ran out the house. The shot missed but the whole situation hit me. If I had done anything different me and my wife and maybe even my newborn might not be here right now. This is a true story. By: space_turtle

I have since moved to the southport area.
    I always carry concealed!
    Now I always keep a large steel bared door on my home. (always locked) I have 3 large dogs and live have a well lit lot. I can always get to a loaded weapon before I can the door. Lesson learned!

Sorry for the bad grammar and poorly written story. But I hope it helps someone out there. And I hope that none of you have to experience what I have.

Last edited:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    On a brighter note Thanks to the IPD and a neighborhood of hard working and brave people. that neighborehood is a quiet safe place to live. The IPD arested and imprissoned most of the gang members and Me and my family bought most of the crack houses and turned them into nice rental propertys. NO DRUGS, NO THUGS and NO BUGS!

People worry about uprisings and revolutions. I think they need to rethink. I have seen war on the street. We arn't even close............

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Where I lived... I was the closest thing to law there was. And I even broke a few in order to keep peace or save lives. And needless to say the thugs hated me.

I would like the above to be narrated by Chuck Norris.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    George Phillips of Meridian , Mississippi , was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked 'Is someone in your house?' He said 'No.' Then they said, 'All patrols were busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available.' George said, 'Okay,' and he hung up the phone and counted to 30.

Then he phoned the police again.

'Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them,' and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George, 'I thought you said that you'd shot them!'

George said, 'I thought you said there was nobody available!'

(True Story) I LOVE IT! Don't mess with old people!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    No offense to the OC proponents on this site, but I will say that Mr. Turtle is with us today for the simple fact that he was NOT OC'ing at this time. Sure, he had a gun, but, felt it more prudent to save it in case he needed it. Had he been OC'ing, I think the situation would have turned out way different,and this story would have been told in the past tense by one who KNEW him.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    This sounds a lot like an episode of "Walker, Texas Ranger".

Some stories are best kept to yourself. Many of us have stories of crimes thwarted and this is a poor place to voice them all.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    On a brighter note Thanks to the IPD and a neighborhood of hard working and brave people. that neighborehood is a quiet safe place to live. The IPD arested and imprissoned most of the gang members and Me and my family bought most of the crack houses and turned them into nice rental propertys. NO DRUGS, NO THUGS and NO BUGS!

People worry about uprisings and revolutions. I think they need to rethink. I have seen war on the street. We arn't even close............

You Sir are a true hero! I am sorry to hear about all of what they did ... Karma is a ... and wrongdoers pay in time.

If only more and more people helped each other out - we would be a better society.

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    The brain is the most powerful weapon we have. Good on you for keeping your family safe with your level thinking.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    No offense to the OC proponents on this site, but I will say that Mr. Turtle is with us today for the simple fact that he was NOT OC'ing at this time. Sure, he had a gun, but, felt it more prudent to save it in case he needed it. Had he been OC'ing, I think the situation would have turned out way different,and this story would have been told in the past tense by one who KNEW him.

And it's possible to be targeted because of OCing (i.e. we want your gun/guns). Again, no offense, but it's happened before.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

Glad you and your family made it through your time at that apartment and this situation okay. People that have never lived in a tough neighborhood/area have no idea how difficult life can be.

Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom