• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    It is quiet & uneventful here thus far. Yesterday the hotel parking lots appeared no busier than normal.

Will be putting up a sign to sell parking later today, will see if there are any takers.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I live in Evansville and I drove my normal way to work covert to boeke turn on the Lloyd take the expressway to the main st exit,

Covert ave I saw 1 car!…a cop car! Passing Washington ave…I saw 1 car…a cop car…light traffic till I got to the Lloyd!…OMG where did all the traffic come from!

Where I work I can see the civic center parking lot…it’s empty! (Even though the city and county workers are working today!)

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Is this another one of the MSM hype events that's turning into a giant nothing burger?

I have a team call scheduled at 3pm, I'll likely take it from my phone and go take a walk outside.

I haven't ventured off the property today to see how traffic is, but school had been canceled and a few business on IN-46 had roped off their grassy fields / blocked off their entrances when I was out yesterday.

I will say, all Southwest flights from Indy are sold out for tomorrow and they have been for weeks. Damn eclipse traffic is not letting me take as long as a trip out west this week as I'd like!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Is this another one of the MSM hype events that's turning into a giant nothing burger?

I have a team call scheduled at 3pm, I'll likely take it from my phone and go take a walk outside.

I haven't ventured off the property today to see how traffic is, but school had been canceled and a few business on IN-46 had roped off their grassy fields / blocked off their entrances when I was out yesterday.

I will say, all Southwest flights from Indy are sold out for tomorrow and they have been for weeks. Damn eclipse traffic is not letting me take as long as a trip out west this week as I'd like!
    It looks like it will be a heck of a party in many places. It is a phenomenon that has not occurred here since 1205.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's so much more hype about this one. I don't know why, but the people are coming....or going seeing as how I don't leave in a area of totality. My son and his wife are coming from Grand Rapids for this and my wife and other son will be joining them to chase the dark. I will be working.
    Since all of the talk in my house was about the rest of the family heading south to chase totality, I didn't even think about how much of an eclipse there will be where I am in Hammond. The answer is: 95.1%. Honestly, that's enough of an eclipse for me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Since all of the talk in my house was about the rest of the family heading south to chase totality, I didn't even think about how much of an eclipse there will be where I am in Hammond. The answer is: 95.1%. Honestly, that's enough of an eclipse for me.
    I've heard that there's no comparison between even a 99% and totality. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Headed out to run some errands about 45 minutes ago. The local churches have their lots coned off with volunteers in cars parked at the entrances. A few neighborhoods had signs stating something along the lines of, "Private Community - No Entry Permitted". Fishers has a north/south road which will be closed to citizens and is only to be used for emergency vehicle traffic only.

Roads were unusually less crowded today than most days of the week, that's for sure. Maybe most folks are staying home/working from home.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    12:30pm,
    Martinsville is about as busy as the week between Christmas & New Years, maybe less.

Clear view of all the porta potties across empty parking lots, unless something changes rapidly the crowd prediction will be NOTHING as was suggested it would be.

Suggested reading for the .gov propandists (Holcomb, are you reading this?) who played the covid panic along with the eclipse pandelirium card. The "work zone" sign managers as well;

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Top Bottom