• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Folks - I was informed last Thursday that the City of Indianapolis is closing Eagle Creek Pistol Range to the public and for that reason the City is terminating TFT's contract to operate the range.

As I discussed in my blog on the WIBC website this morning, I didn't really get much of an explanation:

End of an Era: Hogsett Administration Closes Eagle Creek Pistol Range | 93.1 WIBC

If you are a Marion County resident (or anyone else disappointed by this decision), please let the Mayor's office know - the "Mayor's Action Center" hotline is (317) 327-4622. (I'm not trying to convince the City to renew TFT's contract - I've had it with dealing with local city bureaucrats - but I'm very disappointed that a publicly-owned range will no longer be available to the public.)

To all of our many Eagle Creek customers - it's been a great privilege to run the range and we'll miss you all very much (well, most of you, anyway). :):

And I'll particularly miss working with the GREAT group of Range Safety Officers we had at ECPR. I was very proud of the group we had at Eagle Creek and the service we provided to the public.

TFT will continue to offer firearms training at other locations in the Indy area - look for announcements on a new training schedule soon!

Thanks to everyone.

Guy

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    IN before all the INGO Democrats find a way to make this someone else's fault...

Elect Democrats, see your 2A rights diminished. It's that simple, folks. A little slice of Chicago style politics comes to Indy. Now, who's up for more?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    And so the agenda is coming.
    Lets all sit on our azzes and not vote again. This is what happens when you don't want to be inconvenienced to have to make an effort to ensure your rights.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    IN before all the INGO Democrats find a way to make this someone else's fault...

Elect Democrats, see your 2A rights diminished. It's that simple, folks. A little slice of Chicago style politics comes to Indy. Now, who's up for more?

This is very upsetting to me on a local level, and it scares the hell out of me on a state and national level. They may be having a hard time banning guns, but shutting down public ranges is another form of gun control. We need more places to shoot, not less.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I called the hot line and was warmly received by "Jennifer" who was very polite and professional.
    I voiced my displeasure and told her that I would make sure my vote would be counted for.
    I doubt it even makes it to an assistant of an assistant but I am not lazy.
    I too was polite and professional in letting them know my feelings.
    You'll get a "confirmation" # of your complaint or call.
    Get on the phone. It only takes a couple of minutes of your time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is very upsetting to me on a local level, and it scares the hell out of me on a state and national level. They may be having a hard time banning guns, but shutting down public ranges is another form of gun control. We need more places to shoot, not less.

Yep. And wait until they start playing zoning and environmental "concerns" games to make it hard for new ranges to open and existing ones to stay open.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No, granted I'm not in those circles. My limited interactions down there didn't even put this on the radar. Of course, as noted, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

A Man of the Left cares not what you do as long as it is mandatory.

Hating guns is a Station of the Cross for the Left. There is no reason to shut down ECPR--safety has been without incident, etc.--it is merely political institutionalization of gun hate.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So he wants to control the police, fire department and all public safety programs. Wasn't there a guy from Germany a few years ago that wanted to control everything too? I've also heard there is a rather short pudgy dude in North Korea that likes to his fingers in everything as well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder if I cornered him after church one day if he would give a legitimate reason? (we both attend the same church but have never interacted more than a pleasant nod and "good morning" in passing)

And no I wont reveal where he worships and I wont confront him; either would be tacky.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes. Let's eliminate more options for the general public to get training and practice in the proper use of a firearm. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Kind of reminds me of Mayor Dailey closing Meigs field but without the bulldozers and backhoes (oh, and CFD and CPD blocking the entrances and exits, not to mention someone knocked out the security camera feeds, too) but I digress...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Kind of reminds me of Mayor Dailey closing Meigs field but without the bulldozers and backhoes (oh, and CFD and CPD blocking the entrances and exits, not to mention someone knocked out the security camera feeds, too) but I digress...

I remember that. Bulldozers ripped out a chunk of runway in the middle of the night making it unusable while nobody was looking. He wanted to make sure it couldnt just get reopened with a Judge's order or lawsuit. THAT was classy.

I think they were nice enough to keep the taxiway intact to give the plane owners that were housed there an emergency escape runway to get their planes off the field. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom