• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    ? there was no inconvenience. Why so snarky? As stated here by Cory, IMPD was kept in the dark about this. Also, most all of us are prohibited from speaking to the media so you will not see us on TV, period. Quite frankly, Our Chief is up to his earballs with internal changes, crime, etc, to be speaking about something that he had no input in nor involves IMPD. Anger should be directed to the Parks Dept and the Mayors Office.

I did not see this in my many years using ECPR.

Writing as a consumer of ECPR for many, many years, the only contact I have had with law enforcement (other than seeing p-dog's photo when I used the washroom:D) was being asked to leave the range early ONCE in the summer of 2010. IMPD Reserves needed to qualify and the range shut down for non-LE use. (BTW, the reserves [mostly older guys, maybe retired coppers] while staged in the parking lot, just outside the Admin Building, APOLOGIZED for preempting our fun. We laughed and make jokes about our shooting vs. theirs as we were packing up. There was no attitude by the coppers whatsoever.]

We packed our gear and drove down to Camby to visit Bradis and then went to lunch downtown.

It is my understanding (albeit hearsay) that IMPD was nothing but cooperative and extremely supportive. Knowing members of the FTU there and the general attitudes there, I believe any blame shifting to IMPD is meritless.

QFT. I just don't understand the mudslinging against IMPD that is going on over this - seriously, we have it straight from multiple first hand sources, including the OP, that not only was IMPD in the dark, but they worked well with TFT at ECPR. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Just my 2 cents worth. I've been going to ECPR for years and my son worked as an RO there for several years prior to TFT became involved. In all that time, never heard a single complaint or negative comment about police and the range. Doubt they would start now. The only thing that changed was the mayor's office.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    QFT. I just don't understand the mudslinging against IMPD that is going on over this - seriously, we have it straight from multiple first hand sources, including the OP, that not only was IMPD in the dark, but they worked well with TFT at ECPR. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

I don't understand either.
    But then I was called a "holster sniffer" before.
    Ironically, a few days later someone said I had a problem with authority.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Folks - IMPD was very supportive of the public shooting at ECPR on weekends. And as I've said several times, there was a great partnership and excellent communication between IMPD and TFT. There is exactly ZERO reason for IMPD to catch any grief about the closing of the range to the public.

Guy

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Folks - IMPD was very supportive of the public shooting at ECPR on weekends. And as I've said several times, there was a great partnership and excellent communication between IMPD and TFT. There is exactly ZERO reason for IMPD to catch any grief about the closing of the range to the public.

Guy

Totally sounds like a cover up. ;)

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    One small problem (maybe): The bill was referred to the Public Safety and Criminal Justice Committee which has 6 Democrat and 4 Republican members. For those interested, the Republican members represent Districts 3,5,15 and 25. Democrats represent Districts 1,7,9,13, 21 and 22 . You can look up the name and contact info for these districts at: Councillors
    Please contact your council person as well as those on the committee to express your support.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    One small problem (maybe): The bill was referred to the Public Safety and Criminal Justice Committee which has 6 Democrat and 4 Republican members. For those interested, the Republican members represent Districts 3,5,15 and 25. Democrats represent Districts 1,7,9,13, 21 and 22 . You can look up the name and contact info for these districts at: Councillors
    Please contact your council person as well as those on the committee to express your support.

I read that and first thought is "why bother?"... Keep electing Democrats and this is what we get. I'll gladly eat crow on this one, but I doubt I'll ever have to.

Top Bottom