• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have been hog hunting down around west of Medora. I don't know who you need to contact to lease land down there as I was always with a local hunter. I do know that some of the landowners lease out their land for deer hunting. I don't know if it is legal to lease out land for hog hunting. My understanding is no money can be made in Indiana from undesirable species as that would encourage folks to want their growth. There is nothing stopping you from leasing land for deer or turkey hunting and then trying to purge it of an invasive species.
    I also know hogs are around Paoli and Evansville.
    You could contact the ICOs in those areas and they might tell you where they have been seeing them. From that point you could go to the county offices and look up on plat maps who owns the land. It would be some work but it is do-able.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    we have some property we hunt just north of Clay City and we have not seen any as of yet. I guess i am trying to use this as a networking tool to try to find someone who will let me hunt them. I have had luck this way picking up coyote hunting property.

I don't really so much care about getting ground for deer and turkey as i have 3 chuncks to hunt them on and i don't want to take away someone elses chance to hunt private property.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I contacted several farmers in our southern states who are complaining about how the wild hogs are devastating their crops.
    They want you to pay for hunting on their property.
    They also want you to pay if you would like a guide.
    They want you to pay for boarding on their property.
    If you want them to butcher the kill. A charge.
    If you want them to cold store the kill while continue hunting. a charge.
    If you want them to transport you to a hunting sight. A charge.

They really need help clearing their property of very the damaging HOGS.

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    we have some property we hunt just north of Clay City and we have not seen any as of yet. I guess i am trying to use this as a networking tool to try to find someone who will let me hunt them. I have had luck this way picking up coyote hunting property.

I don't really so much care about getting ground for deer and turkey as i have 3 chuncks to hunt them on and i don't want to take away someone elses chance to hunt private property.

i needsome turkey hunting ground.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I contacted several farmers in our southern states who are complaining about how the wild hogs are devastating their crops.

If they're causing so much damage why charge for every little thing?

45lcrevolver

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Indianapolis

I think you are missing some purple in there lmao

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN

Im taking this as sarcastic so i think you are missing the point

I don't want a guide...i don't want them to butcher it or store it or transport it or me. I don't want to sleep in their place. All i want is to kill the pigs. They all scream and cry that the pigs are destroying everything but they want to make a business of it. If that's how the whole world played then Iraq would have charged us to go in and deal with Saddam. England would have charged us to deal with Hitler and so on and so forth.

It come down to either you HATE the hogs and want them gone....then don't try to make a bushiness of it and charge people a ton.
    OR
    You are running a hog hunting business (which is fine also) but then you don't get to complain about hogs tearing stuff up because that is part of the business.

Pick one or the other....you don't get to speak out both sides of your mouth saying different things like politicians do.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.

Yep, this is completey true, and just goes to show you how greedy people have become. Texans do nothing but ***** and whine about how the hogs are destroying everything and they're such a nuisance, but if you ask them to come down and help get rid of some they give some outrageous bull**** price to do it. Well if that's the case, screw you, I hope they continue to tear up your land.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    That is the problem i am seeing, you end up paying out the nose for all the "fees" they charge but yet they complain about the destruction that they cause. Confuses the hell out of me!:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    It's so the urban people can go hunting like they actually want to without getting ridiculed by their neighbors back home for it because they're doing hunting that "helps the environment". No purple. This actually works on them.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    Yep, this is completey true, and just goes to show you how greedy people have become. Texans do nothing but ***** and whine about how the hogs are destroying everything and they're such a nuisance, but if you ask them to come down and help get rid of some they give some outrageous bull**** price to do it. Well if that's the case, screw you, I hope they continue to tear up your land.

This is very true. Also good luck finding anyone in Indiana that has hogs and will actually let you hunt them. I have heard others say that they know of a couple farms that have them but the farmers, family and friends want to hunt them. We do not have enough of them in Indiana at this time for them to be a big problem. Once they become more prominent and actually start causing damage/problems will you find people asking for public help. I really wish states would not allow someone to charge a "fee" to remove an invasive species.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    That is the problem i am seeing, you end up paying out the nose for all the "fees" they charge but yet they complain about the destruction that they cause. Confuses the hell out of me!:dunno:

The same goes for deer hunting and coyote hunting though, it's just a way for farmers to make extra money. Deer and yotes may not be as destructive as hog's but you still here farmers complain and them being destructive, and attacking livestock, yet the want to charge someone that is willing to try and help.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I talked to a DNR staff while he was shopping in his uniform. He said there are wild hogs but not many around. You can kill it as long as you have the permission from the land owners. He doesn't think they would charge you fee because you are actually doing them a favor getting rid of the pests that destroy their lifehoods.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I talked to a DNR staff while he was shopping in his uniform. He said there are wild hogs but not many around. You can kill it as long as you have the permission from the land owners. He doesn't think they would charge you fee because you are actually doing them a favor getting rid of the pests that destroy their lifehoods.

Maybe Mr. DNR should educate himself on hog hunting and see how much people actully charge....because they sure as heck dont let you hunt them for free.

Top Bottom