• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Got some walking in at Costco…. Dodging zombies with shopping carts and cells phones the whole way.
    Sounds more dangerous than trying to climb up out of icy ravines and hoping the frozen icicles don’t fall on our heads! Yeah, I’ll definitely take the woods over Costco! You are a brave man!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Have to head in to work in a bit, so just neighborhood walking. Turkey Run is one of our favorites when it's in ice sculpture mode, though.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Anybody get out today? Took the boy to turkey run and got a few miles in, plenty of ice still in the creeks and muddy but pretty nice out.

Wife and I just got back from McCormicks Creek. Did 6+ miles of hiking, and spent 20 minutes sitting by the fake fire at the Canyon Inn. Most of the snow and ice was gone down there. Trails weren't as mushy as I thought they might be, at least not #s 5 - 9. Beautiful day to be outside.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Turkey Run also has the greatest statuary of any Indiana State Park, IMO !

IMG_9723-XL.jpg

Although McCormick's Creek is just 15 minutes east of my getaway cabin, and I have many old ties to that park !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Let's look at Turkey Run in more temperate times.
    I can't wear the photo pack anymore (lumbar surgery), but I still get around .... just more slowly these days. :)

IMG_9958-L.jpg

IMG_9863-L.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    If you need some inspiration this morning. This is an article about "Medicare Pastor" a triple crowner that did not start long distance hiking until she turned 60. At 82 she is trying to finish the 4800-mile American Discovery Trail.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    If you need some inspiration this morning. This is an article about "Medicare Pastor" a triple crowner that did not start long distance hiking until she turned 60. At 82 she is trying to finish the 4800-mile American Discovery Trail.

My son and I went to Yosemite for his 16th birthday. It had been a record snow year and you couldn't get a back country permit issued, so we stayed in the valley and hiked up to a different location every morning and then back down every evening. We were up at Nevada falls one day, eating lunch and my butt was dragging. 4 nuns in full habit, all easily over the age of 60, strolled by on the trail coming from Little Yosemite Valley. They were eating fresh fruit and chatting up a storm. My son looked at me with a crap eating grin on his face. My only response was to tell him to not say a word, I'm not complaining about dragging *** for the rest of the trip.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Merrell boots and shoes are on sale for the next 20 days or so.
    I looked,but most are waterproof or really odd colors that are really discounted. The MOAB vent mids and shoes I normally buy are not on sale. If you like flashy colors though you will be in luck,some of those are 50% off.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Merrell boots and shoes are on sale for the next 20 days or so.
    I looked,but most are waterproof or really odd colors that are really discounted. The MOAB vent mids and shoes I normally buy are not on sale. If you like flashy colors though you will be in luck,some of those are 50% off.

I can’t even find the vents? I was going to pick up the Moab’s pretty soon because I couldn’t find vents.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I can’t even find the vents? I was going to pick up the Moab’s pretty soon because I couldn’t find vents.
    Well,because of your post I checked again. They have a few in 9.5W or 8w($59 on clearance) but it appears the Moab 2 vent is no more. I see no replacement either(non-waterproof) in the Moab 3 lineup.

I will be trying these,as they are vented when my backup pair is worn out.

Amazon still has some of the Moab 2 vents as well.

Top Bottom