• ...and so much more!
  • Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... [STRIKE]Avec[/STRIKE] 50 and out.

FIFY

... and that is how it's done folks. Don't complain about having to make 50 Quality Posts before being allowed to use the classifieds. Avec, has proven that it can be done in about 8-9 hours. All you need is a hot topic and a skewed viewpoint. :D

BTW ... :rockwoot:for Avec. See ya in the Classifieds.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's finally over.

fireworks.jpg

Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    FIFY

... and that is how it's done folks. Don't complain about having to make 50 Quality Posts before being allowed to use the classifieds. Avec, has proven that it can be done in about 8-9 hours. All you need is a hot topic and a skewed viewpoint. :D

BTW ... :rockwoot:for Avec. See ya in the Classifieds.
    Haven't even been there yet (well not since 50) I'm having too much fun at the top of the forum!

This was the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen on this board.
    Happy to oblige. I actually took a class in college because one of the books to be discussed was Beowulf.

BAN HAMMER! :rules: :bash: :xmad:
    Oh, no. Mommy, this scary guy on the computer is saying things I don't agree with. Make him stop, ban him, ban him now!

Did you lie in wait for me to be off line to post that? At least others in this thread stepped up to meet the challenge. Although it got heated, I respect most for attempting. No respect for those that jumped in to call me an idiot or a fence post, then left. And zero respect for you to wait until I was off line to call for my ban.

Are your beliefs that tenuous that my typing scares you? Are you afraid I might make a good point? Are you afraid I will point out the holes in your argument? What are you afraid of? If you are so sure of everything, man up. Quit whining and man up.

Oh, by the way. 52 and counting! I am still here and looking to have more fun in the future.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Oh, no. Mommy, this scary guy on the computer is saying things I don't agree with. Make him stop, ban him, ban him now!

Did you lie in wait for me to be off line to post that? At least others in this thread stepped up to meet the challenge. Although it got heated, I respect most for attempting. No respect for those that jumped in to call me an idiot or a fence post, then left. And zero respect for you to wait until I was off line to call for my ban.

Are your beliefs that tenuous that my typing scares you? Are you afraid I might make a good point? Are you afraid I will point out the holes in your argument? What are you afraid of? If you are so sure of everything, man up. Quit whining and man up.

Oh, by the way. 52 and counting! I am still here and looking to have more fun in the future.

LOL dude you have legitimate issues, paranoid much? You should be banned for being an idiot and starting a worthless thread for your 50 post count. Everybody knows what you did and why you did it, while it worked, I doubt many if any respect it. If you think myself or anyone here cares about what you do or do not respect, you are crazier than you sound. I don't waste my time challenging a troll.

Also, I HAVE a life, I don't spend my life on here like you apparently will....in the classifieds.....and trolling. Oh, and I am pretty sure no one here thinks you made ANY good points backing your ridiculous argument.

Last edited:

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    yes, i agree with you on Feinstein. There are a number of Senators that could go either way. They will obviously listen to their constituents, but if they can be armed with a reasonable argument, they can be swayed, and in turn sway. I learned a long time ago that if you get upset in a debate - you lost. If you get made - you lost. If you go out of your way to make it personal - you lost. If you can continue to chip away, and come at it from a different angle, looking, probing for weakness in argument, you can counter. If you cross into emotion, you can no longer accomplish this. Words need to be measured and deliberate. An argument needs to be countered, not shouted out.

He's right, you know. Even I look for accurate and preferrable one line arguments when I get in debates over our rights. Slamming the antis over the head with facts doesn't even work.
    Taking them to the range often works but isn't very feasible most of the time.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Just in case anyone missed it, a right, by definition, does not require any justification for its exercise, nor should it. If you insist on accepting the notion that rights can be treated as conditional privileges, you are part of the problem precipitating the alarming erosion of our rights.

Like it or not, most if not all of our rights come with some restrictions - speech, assembly, search & seizure, you name it.

Secondly, 2A also includes wording about a "well-regulated militia". This phrase, which is conveniently ignored by the "shall not be infringed" folks, has been debated for decades by people who know the law far better than I, and no consensus has been reached. I won't pretend to know exactly what it means, and anyone who claims to know is just guessing.

The clear precedent on all of our rights is that there are limitations and differences of interpretation. There is no reason to think that the 2A is any different.

Shouting back and forth doesn't help. Unless we all hunker down in our basements and eat MREs, we will live with people who have differing views of the world. We need to stop yelling at each other and find common ground. (I'll sit back now and wait for the next "hell no, we won't compromise" post.)

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Honestly, the only actual rule I've seen broken in this entire bucket of antigun-vomit thread was the guy being called an idiot, and I don't even remember who that was nor do I care to re-live any of this to find out.
    I didn't call him an idiot....I merely stated that famous quote never argue with an idiot because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    I did not say avec is an idiot......

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

It wouldnt be such a well regulated militia if we had a distinct disadvantage to our enemys (foreign or domestic) now would it?
    This is really al that needs to be said on the matter!:twocents:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Like it or not, most if not all of our rights come with some restrictions - speech, assembly, search & seizure, you name it.

Secondly, 2A also includes wording about a "well-regulated militia". This phrase, which is conveniently ignored by the "shall not be infringed" folks, has been debated for decades by people who know the law far better than I, and no consensus has been reached. I won't pretend to know exactly what it means, and anyone who claims to know is just guessing.

The clear precedent on all of our rights is that there are limitations and differences of interpretation. There is no reason to think that the 2A is any different.

Shouting back and forth doesn't help. Unless we all hunker down in our basements and eat MREs, we will live with people who have differing views of the world. We need to stop yelling at each other and find common ground. (I'll sit back now and wait for the next "hell no, we won't compromise" post.)
    The 2A also clearly states "the right of the people" not the right of the militia. Regardless, we are all a part of the militia.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

It's simple, really. The "well-regulated' part has nothing to do with the 'keep and bear arms' part.

The phrase means that a decent military is required to keep a free state secure. Because a crappy military won't do.

But if you can't keep and bear arms, then you have no militia at all...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

please go read the Heller ruling by SCOUS , "Well Regulated" means functioning well.. not restricted..

Hummingbird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Glock 17 comes with 3 17 round magazines

I just bought a Glock 17. One reason why I bought it is because it came with three 17 round magazines.

I have since added some 33 round magazines. I can't believe how fast the market value for high capacity magazines is rising.

In a tough situation, the more rounds your gun carries... the better.

Top Bottom