• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Just got a new Heritage Rough Rider 22LR/22 Mag 6" barrel with the fixed sight. This is my first fixed sight handgun, but for the price of $170 I don't think I did wrong (it was an impulse buy!!!!) Is it easy to get used to shooting? I had a Ruger single six and sold it a few years ago, I still kick myself for that one! That is why I wanted another single action rimfire. So, what do you thing of the Heritage and are they easy and accurate to shoot? I probably should have asked about this earlier but you know what happens when you go to the gun shop to just "LOOK" around.:draw:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    If that is the German made SA similar to the Ruger Single six, It should serve you well. I bought one for my daughter when she was 10 for her first hangun. She still has it on her farm for shooting varmints and rabbits.
    She is now 28.

I think I paid about 75.00 for it back then. I think it is a Heritage....

Like all 22's they all have different preferences for what they like to shoot. That is most of the fun of shooting them. My daughter shoots Winchester T22 lead target loads at 1200 fps because that is what I provide for her. She knocks down what she hits.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    The Heritage Rough Rider .22 is made in the U.S. Their big bore guns are assembled in the US but the parts are made by Pietta in Italy.

You'll like it a bunch. I had one and didn't use it much so I sold it to fund something else. Great gun.

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Is your daughters the one with the fixed sight?

Reading the other post, maybe it isn't a Heritage. But it does have fixed sights. Great fit and finish. Nice walnut grips. Whatever it is. I'm curious now. I'll make a point of checking next time I run out to her place in Columbia City.

Top Bottom