• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Meanwhile the NRA is fighting in court about a yacht?

Yeah. The posts about BLM leaders buying houses made me think about Wayne and his yacht trips

I wish he would just go away.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    At the risk of being unpopular, other than demonstrating good ingenuity, what practical purpose does a bump stock serve?
    This question is just a deflection from the core issue involved. Regardless of the practicality of the item, from where does the government derive the POWER to ban such a thing?

The Constitution defines the powers of the federal government. It also imposes limitations on those powers. In this case, specifically through the Second Amendment. "Shall not be infringed" certainly carries more weight than any reason that can be given for the government's power to ban or regulate any firearm accessory.

"Because I can" is a better argument against a ban than it is for the government's power to impose a ban. "Because I can" is NOT a valid argument for the government imposing a ban. The government CAN do many things, but that doesn't mean that they are acting within their Constitutional authority. The only reason the government gets away with it it is because the people don't rise up and say "That's not within the scope of the powers WE have granted to you, so no, you CAN'T".

So I counter your question with one of my own- what gives the federal government the power to institute a ban on firearm accessories?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I just want you to know that I admire you and your posts. Always wish I had some carpentry skills. The older I get the more I wish it. Wife wants me to build a pony wall this year and it will be up to me and youtube!
    That should be easier than building a pony! :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The the only use that you've seen is because that's the only one that was highly publicized. I have friends that go to the range or wherever and pop off with a bump stock. Personally I think it's stupid think it's a waste of money that you could practice and do more with all that ammunition however that's not a reason not to Advocate against ownership. They do it to have fun. I like to stand out on the back deck naked and **** off into the grass for fun but it's probably not a real practical reason to do it

If my experience with something is only what I've seen in a media that has proven to be hostile in general to the 2nd Amendment and gun owners, than I would be very hesitant to use that as a basis point for forming an opinion.
    The practical reason to do it is so that you don’t make a mess in the house.Thanks for the advice.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    **** that condescending POS and the POS that picked him. They don’t give a rats ass about the rights of the people to keep and bear arms.

It’s clearly evident by the comment that Biden’s toadie Chipman made.

Chipman fits the profile of an atf jack wad perfectly.

Takes an oath the protect and defend the constitution of the united States, then spends his career stomping on the constitution at every turn.

He can go to Hell.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, some things can just be for fun. MAN, a lot of people read WAY TOO much into this question. I'm anti-bumpstock, I'm not pro-bumpstock, I'm just trying to understand practically because that's how my mind works.
    I'm also not saying because something is impractical, someone shouldn't own it.
    Maybe people read things into the question because they can’t find any practical reasons to ask it. And then you gave the answer, probably one they suspected all along. You’re anti-bumpstock. So it’s not reading too deeply to suspect your question is more about asking people to justify owning one since you’re against it.

When bump-stocks first came out it was all about the novelty and fun. It’s a way to experience something much closer to full auto fire without having the tax stamp. No one uses these things for practical use other than maybe training, but mostly fun. I’d never spend my own money on one but I’d spend yours.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Chipman fits the profile of an atf jack wad perfectly.

Takes an oath the protect and defend the constitution of the united States, then spends his career stomping on the constitution at every turn.

He can go to Hell.
    He's a ****ing biased gun grabbing ringer that doesn't have any business being head of the ATF.

It also says a lot about the agenda of who selected him for that role.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He's a ****ing biased gun grabbing ringer that doesn't have any business being head of the ATF.

It also says a lot about the agenda of who selected him for that role.
    As far as I am concerned that SOB should be in prison, not only as a domestic enemy in general but specifically for his participation in the Waco raid.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Put me down as against all of this. You can't declare guns as legal for decades then suddenly by imperial fiat declare them illegal. How many of millions of dollars have been spent "in reliance upon" what the gubmint told us.

Sure you can, it's done with chemicals everyday.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Show me where "ghost" guns have played a pivotal role in the rise of violence committed with guns. Same goes for pistol braces. This whole thing with pistol braces is a load of bunk. If they are being used to primarily circumvent the regulation of sbrs like they claim then that just proves the point about how stupid and unnecessary the regulation is.

There are many thousands of pistol braces in use out there with no statistically significant influx in violence committed to speak of while using them.

This ******** has got me wound up this morning.

Top Bottom