• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    As I have decided to get out of the 223/556 world, I am intrigued by the 300 BLK option. My only concern is that the revised internals are a departure from the tried mechanics of existing lever actions - I'll have to follow to see if any issues pop up.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If somebody was insistent on using a levergun for home defense like many seem inclined to do these days (or at least so the youtubes want us to believe), this makes more sense than a tube-fed, pistol-caliber rifle. Chambering it in 5.56 and using AR mags is brilliant for logistics.

I'd still rather have an AR, and I imagine the MSRP on this thing will probably be about double a viable one of those. It could be a fun novelty, and even a decent hunting rifle though. While I agree that I'd prefer to see an exposed hammer so it could be manually de-cocked, you can't do that with an AR or with most shotguns, so it's not exactly unique in that respect.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I imagine with a fully locked breech and a suppressor the .300 version is capable of being very quiet.

Much like their PCC these are clearly fun guns or maybe ban state blasters. People who buy one will probably already have a stack of ARs. I do worry about the new operating mechanism, however with an AR style bolt head it does not actually need to lock the breech like a knee joint. It probably just pulls a bolt carrier back and forth and a standard AR cam rotates the bolt.

The Homesteader had a very interesting design, too, it just didn't work very well.

Top Bottom