• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    So I am in a bit of a jam here. I am being sworn in to my local Sheriff's Department Reserve Program on July 6th. I have all of my uniform equipment purchased except for my holster. The holster I need is a Safariland level 2 holster in brown basket weave. I am told by every supplier in the area that they are discontinuing the brown basket weave style. I just got the list of equipment needed last weekend and I am haven't had any luck at all. I have even checked online but can't find a solution.

Any help or advice would be helpful TIA

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood

sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    Was in the Uniform house in downtown Indy and they had a brown basket weave holster in stock. Might give them a call

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So I am in a bit of a jam here. I am being sworn in to my local Sheriff's Department Reserve Program on July 6th. I have all of my uniform equipment purchased except for my holster. The holster I need is a Safariland level 2 holster in brown basket weave. I am told by every supplier in the area that they are discontinuing the brown basket weave style. I just got the list of equipment needed last weekend and I am haven't had any luck at all. I have even checked online but can't find a solution.

I have an entire brown basket weave belt with a Safariland hood holster (level 2, before the ALS came out) for a Glock 22 with a tac light on it. You can have it all, no cost. Trick is, I'm in DC until the evening of the 5th. I'm in Indy.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Wish they were more popular in Brown Basketweave. We used a Clarino duty belt and gear in Cordovan(almost like a maroon), till quality nylon(like Bianchi, or Safariland) came out and got approval. Hated that Clarino.(shiny like plastic junk) Cracks, noisy, clean with windex.

Where do other Reserves get their stuff, or even full timers? Be prepared to drop big $ for Duty gear. It is your safety, so choose wisely. Talk up the range officer at your Sheriff Dept. Special order stuff may take weeks to receive. Good Luck.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Jenkins in Indy will almost certainly have new brown basketweave, and possibly used in the back bins as mentioned. It's a one stop shop for LEO including the blue label Glock program.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    +3 for Jenkins in Indy. If you want me to pick one up for you at Jenkins, I can pick one up in used (but in good condition) one for about $50 and ship it up there to you for prob about $5. Let me know what style holster and model firearm you need and I'll go look ASAP and ship it up this week.

+1000 for Denny's offer! If I didn't have to keep mine for when I'm in class A/B, I'd send you mine...

Papadaca

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    NWi
    For duty carry, id recommend a good triple retention holster. You dont want to make it easy 4 a badguy to get your gun and use it against u. Since you need brown, have you considered spray paint?

Last edited:

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    ok sorry it took me so long to reply. I am starting a new job today (Monday) and I have been scrambling to get that ready as well as trying to procure this list of uniform equipment. My weapon is a Glock 19 no light or double mag release or anything. The trouble with Jenkins is they didn't carry much in the brown basket weave. There were about six other folks getting in to the program at the same time as me and since we got gift cards ($250) to help with the cost of all this equipment there were about four guys ahead of me and wiped out all they had in stock..... So I did go to Jenkins here in Ft. Wayne and it was a very pleasant experience just didn't have enough stock for a few of the harder to find items. In fact some of the items I got from the Fort Wayne store I had to pick up the next day as it was shipped from the Indy store.

So long story short I have everything but that holster and were only given the equipment list about a week ago (two weeks before our swearing in) and I don't have to time to order one. Sigpro thanks for the tip on Uniform House in Indy that was a place I didn't find in my internet search! And Denny347 your offer would be amazing and I would definitely be willing to meet you anywhere in the Indy area that Sunday! If we could arrange something that would be great! I will PM you!

Thank you to everyone for your help so far! This online community has done a lot to aid in this long road to becoming a police officer. I may not post often because I usually feel kind of silly but I really do enjoy reading all of your guys' stuff!

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington

Just tried this site and it appears they also don't carry the brown... Apparently only about two states still use the brown and Safariland is thinking of discontinuing that color. I was told by almost every store something to the effect of "haha good luck buddy" I even had one guy tell me I would be better of buying a different model weapon (non-standard duty weapon) just so I could find a holster!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

I would strongly suggesting buying on line. All of the local LE shops I have ever been in have stupid mark ups on stuff. While it is nice to be able to go and look at what you want or need if I am paying for it I am buying on line.

I am guessing you need a Glock Holster? Have you checked with members of the department to see if anyone has a spare you can borrow? They might surprise you. FWIW I would also suggest getting what the department issues to their merit deputies.

BTW welcome to the LEO world!

Top Bottom