• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i see those things around swimming pools all day long. what's real creepy is when they trap an air bubble and run along the bottom of the pool. i know they're benifical for eating other bugs, but they're just pure eigh legged evil to me.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I usually leave them alone, even in the house, but I got bit by one over a year ago (at night so couldn't see the damn thing very well). My whole fore arm was swollen up for 2-3 weeks. 2 MONTHS later I pulled a hard fang shaped something out from under my skin at the bite mark area (I still have it in a ziplock bag in case it hatches into some kind of mutant human/spider creature). Over a year later and I still have a dark spot that hasn't gone away.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I was once bitten by a Brown Recluse. The venom ate a golf ball sized hole in my leg that took a LONG time to heal up. Still, I don't kill spiders, as they are just another part of nature. BTW, I am NOT a tree hugger.
    You are correct.Been there twice myself.Last one took 8 months to heal.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My wife got bitten by a spider on her leg in a rain forrest in Colombia. Had to have surgery then and about every 5 years a growth pops up that has to be removed again. "Other world" scary stuff in my opinion.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My last unlikable encounter was while changing the transmission in my wife's Tahoe out.

Laying under the vehicle on my back on the garage floor with tools all around me and a drop light wire strung about
    not able to move very far or very fast and I notice movement about a foot away from my head, kind of up and back a little.
    Turn my head and here comes mr. wolf spider truckin right toward me.
    :eek:
    :runaway:
    I think I've seen too many movies.
    He met the business end of my rubber mallet.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    spider-hell.jpg

Sleep, we'll keep an eye on things for you while you nap.
    Yikes, get the 12 ga a have a new target to test my new Turkey choke.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Guys the big ones are girls. The guys are little things.

A couple years back the wife and I were walking back to the woods and on the side of the path there was a spider that had a body the size that a mouse would have been proud of. I told the wife, "Look at the mou--. Holly crap! Look at that spider." That was the biggest spider that I have ever seen in the wild. I have seen the big spiders in the pet stores. They are bigger than it was, but not by much. I have no idea what type it was. I know she had a egg sack on her back and I cleared out the area she was living in. Have not seen any more her size.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Necrobumptastic! Simply fantastic!

Seriously though, this thread needs a flamethrower. Both my wife and I (before marriage) received Black Widow bites while sleeping in our first apartment in southern California. Her experience was decidedly worse than mine, but I have to say I was "tripping balls" as the kids say. I can elaborate if anyone is interested, but now I have the ickies and need to bathe in bleach and cry quickly.

Don't recommend it.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Nut up mangina and share lol. I opened up a smoker to get it goin and in the belly of that thing was spidersaurus rex. I hit it with a rather large stick and all it did was get pisses.....you know their big when you hear them trying to escape.....well once I noticed the stick was just pissing him off I ran and turned around and I kid you not I could see the tall grass moving as he was running away. To this day I am almost certain I'm gonna wake up one night and see him watching me from outside our bedroom window. Waiting.....stalking

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Guys the big ones are girls. The guys are little things.

A couple years back the wife and I were walking back to the woods and on the side of the path there was a spider that had a body the size that a mouse would have been proud of. I told the wife, "Look at the mou--. Holly crap! Look at that spider." That was the biggest spider that I have ever seen in the wild. I have seen the big spiders in the pet stores. They are bigger than it was, but not by much. I have no idea what type it was. I know she had a egg sack on her back and I cleared out the area she was living in. Have not seen any more her size.
    It was a wolf spider:
    wolf%20spider%20with%20egg%20sac%20durham%2043010.JPG

Top Bottom