• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have been bitten by the 10mm bug. Started with a Sig P220 Hunter. That led to a G20 Gen 4. And lastly a M&P 2.0 10mm. Now I am getting the jones for another 10mm pistol. Need help figuring out what that might be.

Not really into the 1911 platform for 10mm.
    Don't want another Glock 10mm.

I REALLY want a Bren Ten, but not at the $10k+ prices they are going for now.

I have looked at a S&W 1006 at the last 1500 but I didn't know enough about pricing to know if it was a deal or not.

I know EAA & Tangfolio make 10mm, but I don't know much about them.

What other 10mm pistols should I be considering?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    "Not really into the 1911 platform for 10mm."

10mm 1911's are an acquired taste. I started with a CMMG Banshee. A week later, a Colt Delta elite popped up at the right time. Then in quick succession,

DW BLACK.jpg

DW TART.jpg

SA 10mm.jpg

I need a better photo of the Springfield.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 3.8 10mm is a good replacement for a Glock 29.
    I bought one and as soon as I shot it, sold my Glock 29.
    It has full chamber support too.

It's a good concealable 10mm pistol

It also has extended 15 round magazines available that blend in with the base short grip.

XDM-G29Chambers.jpg

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The EAA Witness is a great pistol. My only beef with them was the front sight on mine being milled into the slide. The higher end ones are dovetailed I believe. Other than that, they are a solid platform for 10mm with good chamber support.

Are you sure that you are not into the 10mm 1911? They are a blast to shoot
    028aa9f9c3e4b23c410a7b810f042eb7.jpeg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The Witness all metal 10MMs are solid guns. I have a full size and compact version both with the Wonder Finish.
    Someone mentioned the S&W 610, one of my favorite revolvers, that uses the moon clips and you can also shoot 40 Short & Weak out of. I prefer pre-lock models but they’re harder to find a pretty expensive anymore.
    I hate to admit it but I was really impressed with the Ruger wheel gun I looked at. Seems like a solid gun with good sights, a nice grip and cheaper than the Smith. Id probably pick one up if I got a deal on it. That’s really hard for me to say being a die hard Smith fan.
    Id love a Dan Wesson long slide 1911 10MM but they’re a bit pricey.
    My friend just picked up a Springfield XD Elite in 10MM and it’s a nice gun. Points well, has nice sights for my old eyes, reasonably priced and magazines are available. I’m not a fan of the SA grip safety but I might give one a whirl.
    I want a CMMG Banshee Carbine but I’m not willing to fork out $1600 for a PCC right now. Hopefully I’ll run across a special or a gently used one at a deep discount someday. I’m really hoping the someone else would put out an AR style PCC in 10MM at a more affordable price.
    Lots of options nowadays and hopefully more on the way. Now just get some more ammo options and we’ll be good.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    All great suggestions.

I am not doing a 10mm 1911 because I just don't love 1911s that much. I have a couple in .45 and I am good with just those.

I am not into revolvers at all.

EAA Witness is interesting, but sold out everywhere.

I'd love to get a SA XDM Elite, but they only make 10mm in compact configurations. I'd like a full size.

The search continues!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    All great suggestions.

I am not doing a 10mm 1911 because I just don't love 1911s that much. I have a couple in .45 and I am good with just those.

I'd love to get a SA XDM Elite, but they only make 10mm in compact configurations. I'd like a full size.

The search continues!
    I have the "Limited" version of this "Limited Custom". Great gun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    All great suggestions.

The search continues!
    Rumors about a new Springfield Armory XD Elite full size 10mm coming out mid to late this year.
    Also Rumors about a Taurus 10mm model coming out later this year.
    P320 10mm?

Top Bottom