Help: Best liquor store in Indianapolis area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Looking for the best liquor store in the Indianapolis area (preferably NE side) In terms of beer selection. Just moved back from Florida and my local store there was Total Wine. If you've ever been to one of them, you know I'm spoiled. They are huge and have everything.

What say ye INGO?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    For beer? there is a place across from Carmax, I think it is party liquor or something, sits behind the 96th street steak burger.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Try Kroger.

(I won't go to package liquor stores in Indiana, due to the package liquor lobby's continued stonewalling of efforts to eliminate the Indiana statutory prohibition against Sunday alcohol sales.)

AmosMoses

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Sobro liquors off 52th and Primrose (roughly) is my only liquor store. They are always getting new discounted craft beer. For example, just picked up a 6 pack of "Going Steady IPA" from At-water Brewery at Sobro LQ that they just got in for $5.49. I never had it before, but for 5.49 for 6 I wasn't going to have buyers remorse if I didn't like it. (Pretty tasty btw). They are always getting new brew in of all types of variety. Check it out if you're in the area!

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    For beer? there is a place across from Carmax, I think it is party liquor or something, sits behind the 96th street steak burger.

Parti Pak. One on the southside and one up north.

For beer? Parti Pak almost hands down.

Looked it up and it appears to be very promising. To top it off, it is very close. I will definitely be giving it a try.

Try Kroger.

(I won't go to package liquor stores in Indiana, due to the package liquor lobby's continued stonewalling of efforts to eliminate the Indiana statutory prohibition against Sunday alcohol sales.)

I can't stand that law. I almost forgot about it this past weekend but remembered and ran out at 5:00 pm Saturday evening. It is an annoyance I have to get used to again.

Indianapolis Wine and Gourmet Food Market - Vine & Table

Vine and table in Carmel. You won't be disappointed.

I will be giving them a visit!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Try Kroger.

this on both fronts. Kroger and Marsh both tend to haev ginormous selections of beer.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Try Kroger.

I think Kroger is the pits for beer selection. My last beer purchase was Trader Joe's and before that I got beer at the brewer in Broad Ripple.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Sobro and Kahn's are relatively close so hit those, Sobro will have unusual selections at good prices in my experience. Payless is worth a visit.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think Kroger is the pits for beer selection. My last beer purchase was Trader Joe's and before that I got beer at the brewer in Broad Ripple.

I admit that I buy more wine than beer (and more cider than either - which leaves me pretty much screwed). But the Kroger in Plainfield has what appears to be a pretty decent selection of local/micro-brews.

Top Bottom