• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RoxyRugerLC9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Dayton, IN
    I've heard great things about the INGO community so I figured why not join a community that has so many positive reviews?!! I am a huge advocate for our 2A rights here in Indiana, I'm a mother of a 2 year old and an owner of a Ruger LC9. My firearm has protected my son and myself in a particularly frightening situation that happened in November, we were nearly victims of a violent road rage sitaution, without drawing out my firearm I would have been brutally assaulted by a "man & a woman" and who knows what they would have done to my son who had just had a kidney removed at 18 months old. I am so passionate about advocating our 2A that I'm currently organizing a Rally for Lafayette on April 20th. Thanks so much for taking a peek and I hope to gain new friends and a new community who shares the same interests as me :)

Last edited:

RoxyRugerLC9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Dayton, IN
    Cobber, is that the event by Moms Against Guns? My inspiration for the Rally originated by reading the stories WLFI did on their rallies, one of which was funded by the mayor. My frustration came from them attempting to speak for the Lafayette communitt as anti-gun in its entirety which fails to be true in any shape or form.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Glad you're aboard.
    Sorry you had to experience that kind of thing in Lafayette, but it's not the "sleepy little town" some seem to believe.

I grew up (off and on) in Lafayette. In the late '70's there was a "family feud" of sorts, involving four local families.
    We (the town of Lafayette) had shootings, thefts, even truck bombings, among other things, for a year or so.

At one point, one of our top judges was arrested for accepting stolen property.

It's actually better these days than it was 30 years ago, in some ways anyway.

With "Undue Perversity" right across the river, there are too many transients in town to relax your guard.

Glad you and yours are o.k. Hope to meet you at the rally.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    At one point, one of our top judges was arrested for accepting stolen property.

Oh, fine, you just have to talk about our dirty laundry in public don't ya?:D

Judge Wireman is long gone, but his photo still hangs in the courthouse.

even truck bombings

Dude, don't talk about the Wabash Avenue feud, we want people to move here.:D

RoxyRugerLC9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Dayton, IN
    Thanks to all! I've joined forces with Indiana Moms Against Gun Control (I'm the Admin of The Lafayette 2A Defenders) and we plan to rally on the 27th at Riehle Plaza at 10am. I couldn't imagine my life without my firearm, not only because it's a means of protecting myself, my son, and everything I hold dear but because it's my way of life, I was raised on 50 acres of land with Gun Safety as a top priority in my "redneck" education. By the time I was 8 I was skeet shooting and field stripping handguns with my uncles, I want to pass these traditions and this way of life to my son, the only way I see that happening is by fighting the good fight now so that hopefully he doesn't have to fight for it when he's older. I hope to see Lafayette Area Members at the Rally, my goal is to create a tight knit community that can educate people about what it means to be a gun owner and an advocate of our Constitution!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lafayette-2A-Defenders/288174957982982?fref=ts

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom