• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Pistol grips have NO PLACE on a HD shotgun. They should be banned forever to the "bad idea" HoF.

Reason and supporting documentation?
    Dan

Im with you on pistol grip only shotguns. But do you feel the same way about a pistol grip with a stock? Guess I don't understand that reasoning.

Shotguns need to be aimed. Best way to aim the gun and manage recoil for follow up shots is by shouldering the gun. I agree pistol grips have no place on an HD shotgun. Mainly because the reason for a pistol grip is to shorten the gun and offers no advantages in your home.

Stocks with pistol grips, MagPul SGA, traditional stock are all fine. Whatever you like, personal preference.

Breaching chokes. Hey whatever turns your crank. I see no reason to have one on my gun but if you think it looks cool or see yourself stabbing someone with the pointy bits then go for it. Personally I would rather have that inch of barrel back or should I say prefer the shortest barrel I can get.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Shotguns need to be aimed. Best way to aim the gun and manage recoil for follow up shots is by shouldering the gun. I agree pistol grips have no place on an HD shotgun. Mainly because the reason for a pistol grip is to shorten the gun and offers no advantages in your home.

Stocks with pistol grips, MagPul SGA, traditional stock are all fine. Whatever you like, personal preference.

Breaching chokes. Hey whatever turns your crank. I see no reason to have one on my gun but if you think it looks cool or see yourself stabbing someone with the pointy bits then go for it. Personally I would rather have that inch of barrel back or should I say prefer the shortest barrel I can get.

Sorry. I forgot to mention the Mossbergs have MOE collapsible stocks on them. The breeching tips are flash hiders. The one on the KSG is a brake. I don't go for tacticool. I go for function. All 3 barrels are at the legal minimum. If I really want to go super short I guess I could use the SBS. It has a 10" barrel with 18" overall. But then that's just overkill isn't it? :D
    Dan

SBS-8-X2.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sorry. I forgot to mention the Mossbergs have MOE collapsible stocks on them. The breeching tips are flash hiders. The one on the KSG is a brake. I don't go for tacticool. I go for function. All 3 barrels are at the legal minimum. If I really want to go super short I guess I could use the SBS. It has a 10" barrel with 18" overall. But then that's just overkill isn't it? :D
    Dan

SBS-8-X2.jpg

Just this one time I will accept your pistol grip. Because that is just dang sexy.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Dan

SBS-8-X2.jpg

Great for HD use and or sieging your favorite enemy pirate vessel... Looks Awesome btw!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Thanks, it's a blast to shoot. (I was going to say hoot instead of blast but didn't want to show my age.)
    Dan

Reller39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Stendal
    Old Winchester defender holds 7 18.5" barrel 5 on stock sleeve. Don't know whe re I would need 12 shots of buck shot. Hope not in the house

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Old Winchester defender holds 7 18.5" barrel 5 on stock sleeve. Don't know whe re I would need 12 shots of buck shot. Hope not in the house

Carry a handgun with more than 7? If so why? Have a car that will go 80 mph? Why? Limit in Indiana is 65 max. Never ever underestimate the ability of stupid or bad people. Always have more than is ever needed.
    Dan

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    You guys are a very bad influence. Ordered a Magpul SGA from USDS today. Had to be different from most and went with orange.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You guys are a very bad influence. Ordered a Magpul SGA from USDS today. Had to be different from most and went with orange.

I have a magpul stock set in my cart on Midway and Brownells. Really want to hit complete order. But my guns function, but I like the magpul, but I like the traditional clean look I have, but I want to replace a full length stock with a short stock, but.....

Still sitting there. I will go with grey or black. Orange designates less lethal but I agree it looks cool.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yea I think that's why I've been so unsure about getting one of these as I've heard a number of people say they just wouldn't run, but others say their fine.. What did you have to do to yours to make it reliable?

The mag tube spring in one of them was to stiff. Seriously. It held the shell in line to tight against the stop. Changed out with a spare and off to the races.
    The other one that had an issue I found a cracked seal in the gas system. The gun was used and was sold to me (by Ingo member...) as running fine. Would not clear the spent shell. It had been re-assembled wrong. Easy fix and Mossburg sent me the parts for free.

All in all they are decent enough for the price point. I beat mine hard. Run 3" Nitro steel Magnums and the 1750 FPS Remington's through it and it takes the abuse.
    Not found any wear or damage related to the shells and believe me they leave bruises on shoulders......:):

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The mag tube spring in one of them was to stiff. Seriously. It held the shell in line to tight against the stop. Changed out with a spare and off to the races.
    The other one that had an issue I found a cracked seal in the gas system. The gun was used and was sold to me (by Ingo member...) as running fine. Would not clear the spent shell. It had been re-assembled wrong. Easy fix and Mossburg sent me the parts for free.

All in all they are decent enough for the price point. I beat mine hard. Run 3" Nitro steel Magnums and the 1750 FPS Remington's through it and it takes the abuse.
    Not found any wear or damage related to the shells and believe me they leave bruises on shoulders......:):

Thats good to know, thanks for the info. I really have been eyeing that JM Pro at the local shop. If I dont end up getting the 11-87 I have a feeling Ill end up with that 930...

packard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Mossberg 500 12 ga with a 18 1/2" cylinder bore barrel fitted with a tritium front sight. Added a surefire light and loaded it with LE #1 buck with the flight control wad. It shoots a 2" pattern at 12 yds. Definitely has to be aimed.

I also believe the stock is too long. Looking at the Magpul.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Mossberg 500 12 ga with a 18 1/2" cylinder bore barrel fitted with a tritium front sight. Added a surefire light and loaded it with LE #1 buck with the flight control wad. It shoots a 2" pattern at 12 yds. Definitely has to be aimed.

I also believe the stock is too long. Looking at the Magpul.
    You could go Magpul, but they do make a shorter stock.

Top Bottom