• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Really not one modded saiga 12 with the 20 round drum? I'd trust mine with my life. 100% reliable. If I wanted to raise some hell I'd use it. Or at least a veper mention. To be honest at the moment I have out my 930 blackwater. I also like to use the low recoil law enforcement 00 buck and slugs.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    1970s 870 Wingmaster 12ga, the knife is not part of the HD solution. haha

This has since been replaced with an AR but it stays loaded as you see it here and in the safe. Its full of 00 buck and I have a few reduced recoil law enforcement slugs on the side saddle.

It also has a Wilson tube extension and a Daniel Defense rear sing mount but no sling at this time.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    A few years ago, I set out to put together an awesome HD shotgun. I started with a Benelli M4 and then added an extended titanium tube, extended charging handle, extended bolt release, mepro tritium sights, surefire forearm rail, X300 light, replaced the top rail, added a side saddle, an aimpoint T1 on a low Larue mount, a single point sling attachment, and then finally a reduced LOP butt stock. Then, after it was perfect I realized that it was valuable enough that it had defeated the intended purpose.... It had BECOME a valuable. It has done a fair amount of deer hunting and hasn't been a safe queen, but it mostly stays in my safe. I would equate it to buying a super expensive and rare breed of dog to guard your house.

Anyhow, I think a much more simple and cost effective shotgun makes sense in that role, "to have around the house".

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I had a chance to own a Browning Auto-5. Not the one with the field barrel but a shorter one. It was pretty sweet

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I had a chance to own a Browning Auto-5. Not the one with the field barrel but a shorter one. It was pretty sweet

My dad actually gave me his Browning A-5, I love the gun but I just don't want to beat it up lol. I take it out a couple times a year run a few rounds through it and clean it an sit it back in the safe ha ha. The things runs great however...

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    1970s 870 Wingmaster 12ga, the knife is not part of the HD solution. haha

This has since been replaced with an AR but it stays loaded as you see it here and in the safe. Its full of 00 buck and I have a few reduced recoil law enforcement slugs on the side saddle.

It also has a Wilson tube extension and a Daniel Defense rear sing mount but no sling at this time.

I like that, simple but usable..

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    I have an 870 home defense. I'm not real comfortable running a shotgun though. I feel the factory stock is too long & it needs a light.

I'm leaning towards the magpul stock and foregrip. Shorter stock and has the ability to mount the light near my hand for easier on/off control. It already has an extended mag with a sling mount. I'm undecided on adding more weight by using a side saddle.

Thoughts?

I have a tricked out 870 with all the Magpul furniture you can try out whenever you want. It's got a sweet trigger in it too - just like the rest of my guns :).

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    For the price point it is a good running and reliable auto loader.
    I have owned a few and a few of those needed tweaked out of the box. No issues after a small amount of love being applied.

The one I have now has been on point.

Yea I think that's why I've been so unsure about getting one of these as I've heard a number of people say they just wouldn't run, but others say their fine.. What did you have to do to yours to make it reliable?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    For some reason I've been on somewhat of a shotgun kick. What do some of you guys have setup for Home Defense shotguns. I'm looking at putting something together for keeping around the house in a 20ga and just looking for some ideas as to what works and what don't as far as setups go....

Not a 20 gauge but I have a couple of 12 gauge Mossberg 500's with pistol grips, side saddles and breeching tips as well as a Keltec KSG ready to go if needed.
    You might consider any of these as an option for HD.
    Dan

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Pistol grips have NO PLACE on a HD shotgun. They should be banned forever to the "bad idea" HoF.

Top Bottom