• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    I've seen the modern version of it in artillery (direct fire mode for the defense of an artillery position) and tank rounds. It ain't pretty, an extremely gross understatement, and it's something you'll never be able to un-see after you've seen what it's done to what used to be combatants in the battle space. You just don't think about it often -- it gets compartmentalized into a special mental space reserved for such things. The movie about it called it the "Hurt Locker".

Also see "Canister". Think of loading a 12lbr with nails, musket ball and/or chain. Touch off at massed infantry about 30yds.

MH

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Guy mentioned something I didn't know -- that Wilson could easily file Writ of Cert. Petition directly to SCOTUS from the Hawaiian Supreme Court loss -- bypassing the Hawaiian District Court and 9th Circus Court of Appeals. Not something that would normally happen if he had started in Fed Court. It's also a criminal case, which makes it different from a Civil Action challenging a law -- so it could end up with a narrow "As Applied" to Wilson. Worth making popcorn to see if Wilson is willing and able to pursue it. There would be a time limit to do so . . . and I don't know how long that is.
    :coffee: :popcorn:
    I looked up the time limit. Wilson has 90 days under SCOTUS Rule 13 -- which would be calendar days -- to Petition SCOTUS. If the last day falls on a weekend or federal holiday (non-business days for the court), the time runs out on SCOTUS' next business day. That's providing he's exhausted all possible reviews, including requesting the Hawaii Supreme Court reconsider. There must be no possible avenue to proceed further under the Hawaiian courts. Found this answered here (see Section III) in layman's terms for indigent individuals filing the Petition for Writ of Cert. . . .

https://www.supremecourt.gov/casehand/guideforIFPcases2019.pdf

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Guy covered the "Aloha Spirit" BS from the Hawaii SC tonight. Wilson doesn't have a good case but this needs a good SCOTUS beat down.
    IMHO "Aloha Spirit" officially ended on August 21, 1959. That spirit was an official Hawaiian Kingdom thing. It was watered down when it became a colony, and became a relic/social attitude only with no legal basis once they became a state under the US Constitution.

You cant have your Hawaiian rolls and eat them too. Sorry. (not sorry)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Anybody poo-pooing the McDonald’s coffee lawsuit should Google pictures of her injuries. Lady suffered for years afterward.
    I’ve gotten lots of coffee over the years that was way way too hot to drink. White Castle, in particular comes to mind. What did I do? Waited for it to cool down or put an ice cube in it. Hell, I remember my mom asking for a cup with ice to make her coffee drinkable when I was a kid.

Now, if McDs was intentionally selling near boiling coffee to strangle refills from its in-store patrons, and that is proven, it’s a different story. But I sure as hell wouldn’t take the lid off and put the cup between my legs or put the cup between my legs, then take the lid off, whatever the hell she did.

I may not use my Nads as much as I used to, but I want them to be there when I do.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’ve gotten lots of coffee over the years that was way way too hot to drink. White Castle, in particular comes to mind. What did I do? Waited for it to cool down or put an ice cube in it. Hell, I remember my mom asking for a cup with ice to make her coffee drinkable when I was a kid.

Now, if McDs was intentionally selling near boiling coffee to strangle refills from its in-store patrons, and that is proven, it’s a different story. But I sure as hell wouldn’t take the lid off and put the cup between my legs or put the cup between my legs, then take the lid off, whatever the hell she did.

I may not use my Nads as much as I used to, but I want them to be there when I do.
    It was. That is why they had to pay her millions. SMH

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    $640K

SMH
    Confused.

So you knew how much they paid after they lost the court case. They lost the court case because it was proven. Why did you act like it wasnt?

You seem to know they lost and paid. Even the amount. Why would you act like nobody knew if they did or not by posting that?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Confused.

So you knew how much they paid after they lost the court case. They lost the court case because it was proven. Why did you act like it wasnt?

You seem to know they lost and paid. Even the amount. Why would you act like nobody knew if they did or not by posting that?
    I never acted like the case wasn’t proven. I just didn’t know the details until looking into it just now. I recall someone mentioning keeping the coffee hot to suppress refills in the restaurant, but I didn’t see anything in the wiki article about that.

Wasn’t it true that the actual judgment was lowered to $640,000 and the parties settled out of court when both attempted to appeal? And the final settlement amount was undisclosed, correct? How do you know it was millions? $640,000 is the only figure I’ve seen and I’m wondering how we could go way up in an out of court settlement before appeal?

Also, it looks like a lot of places sold coffee at or around that temperature at the time and beyond. The cotton sweatpants, holding the coffee against her skin was a really bad break. But I do disagree with 80% restaurant, 20% customers fault. I think it should be more evenly balanced than that.

We can take the discussion off-line if you want or you can continue to reply here and I will take it off-line. I don’t think anyone else wants to hear it. Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I never acted like the case wasn’t proven. I just didn’t know the details until looking into it just now. I recall someone mentioning keeping the coffee hot to suppress refills in the restaurant, but I didn’t see anything in the wiki article about that.

Wasn’t it true that the actual judgment was lowered to $640,000 and the parties settled out of court when both attempted to appeal? And the final settlement amount was undisclosed, correct? How do you know it was millions? $640,000 is the only figure I’ve seen and I’m wondering how we could go way up in and out of court settlement before appeal?

Also, it looks like a lot of places sold coffee at or around that temperature at the time and beyond. The cotton sweatpants, holding the coffee against her skin was a really bad break. But I do disagree with 80% restaurant, 20% customers fault. I think it should be more evenly balanced than that.

We can take the discussion off-line if you want or you can continue to apply here and I will take it off-line. I don’t think anyone else wants to hear it. Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.
    I don't. It was an assumption based on typical high profile damage awards. But thats not the point.

She sued and proved through McD's own admissions they purposefully served coffee at excessive temperatures to prevent free refills.

McD's lost which is what counts. All that truly matters are the above facts. The actual judgement dollars are a trivial matter so long as it is not a symbolic $1 award dictated by the jury to indicate fault, but only partial.

I'm just glad you researched it. So many everywhere assuming it was just a trivial lawsuit with no real merit.

We are both on the same page now. I agree back to the idiots in HI that need to get on board or GTFO.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    THE MCDONALD'S COFFEE LAWSUIT DISCUSSION BELONGS IN A DIFFERENT THREAD IN A DIFFERENT SUB-FORUM!
    PERIOD!!
    MOVE IT THERE!!
    Yeah -- I'm PISSED NOW!
    YOU COULDN'T TAKE THE HINT NICELY!!
    THAT MEANS YOU TOO MR. ADMIN!!!

Someone needs to step back and take a deep breath...you're gonna give yourself a heart attack if you get that worked up over comments in thread that are off topic....especially when it happens all the time....Lets reset and get back to the topic at hand....Please and Thank You

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

This ^^^^ My question would be, were there other reports of injury? One would think selling deliberately too hot coffee all the time would leave some sort of evidence trail. Otherwise, if it was a one off - coffee just finished brewing or some such then stupid should hurt

But the really important question is if she was carrying appendix and burned herself in this manner and triggered the firearm while thrashing around in the 'heat of the moment', would she sue McDonalds or the firearm manufacturer or both

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Welp, just finished reading in the rest of the thread after responding as I read in (as is my habit)

I'll be quiet now on non-Hawaii related subject matter [kicks gravel]

sorry Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg and benjamin-franklin-a-childs-biography.jpg

• Haha
    Reactions: KLB

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Hot coffee spills that require skin grafting to remedy is not just 'hot coffee'. What's the legal limit on how close you can set a pot of boiling water to a toddler? Right. "There's no legal limit" isn't a valid argument against creating a condition you know, or should know, creates a substantial risk of severe injury. You're obviously free to believe it's mere frivolity when coffee requires a multiple day hospital stay to recover from, but I think you'll find little company there.
    I could turn the burner on to my stove and then require skin grafting after laying my hand on the glowing red coil. Do I get to sue GE because im stupid?

Actually i’m not touching that thing because I know it’s hot.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I could turn the burner on to my stove and then require skin grafting after laying my hand on the glowing red coil. Do I get to sue GE because im stupid?

Actually i’m not touching that thing because I know it’s hot.

No. You're stupid. You did a thing everyone with a hint of common sense knows would cause that level of injury. That scenario remains a strawman to what's under discussion, however.

That's because you're using common sense. Spilled coffee causing redness and pain? Normal. You shouldn't have spilled it. Coffee requiring a multi-day hospital stay and skin grafts? Nobody expects that. It shouldn't have been given to you in that condition.

Coffee isn't expected by anyone to be as dangerous as a lit stove burner because both are hot any more than anyone expects orange juice to be as dangerous as a lab bottle of hydrochloric acid because both are acidic. Comparing it to things known to be significantly more dangerous is a strawman at best.

The act of putting the coffee between her legs is not the issue, that's on her. The resulting harm being so much more significant than the risk common sense would dictate is present, that's the part that was on McD's and is missing in your stupid guy with a stove strawman.

JohnLloydScharf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    That is an awful amount of lead and requires a three man crew... You can whip up "Mother of Satan" to do the same job from nail polish remover and hair bleach. Remember it should smell fruit-like, not bleach-like, when pure. I was looking for a primer mix when I happened on this substitute for firearms. It is only half as explosive as TNT.

When they outlaw brains and opposable thumbs, only agents of tyranny will have assault weapons. I mentioned this recipe on Youtube and was visited by two agents of the FBI about a decade ago.

I told them I do not even believe in capital punishment or abortion because deadly force is justified only when undertaken to prevent imminent and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent.

I am not a killer, but I am willing to give felons engaged in crime a six pack or buck wheats. A live criminal compelled to testify against themselves in court is better in civil court than a dead "saint" whose "wrongful death" requires millions in reparations.

A six pack hits both elbows, both knees, and both ankles to disable an attacker. Buck wheats is a shot up the ass.
    A shot just right of the belly button inserts a one centimeter lead kidney stone to permanently disable in a wheelchair with a colostomy bag.

Having had my gallbladder die due to a gall stone, I have had the pain of being gut shot simulated. I almost cut my thumb off and did not go to get sewn up, but I went to an ER and suspended my hatred of witchdoctor masked menaces for three days. IT took that long for the antibiotics to do their job. I am no masochist, but I am an enlightened sadist.

I invite any robber, rapist, torturer, or murderer to "feel my pain" if they offer me theirs. I am sure they would prefer a 6x8 cell 23 hours a day. Unfortunately, there is not enough room for them all in prisons and jails in NYC, so they have to take a number. I think Ellis and Plume Island should be put to use.

Attachments

• Acetone peroxide 2 1440.jpg
      Acetone peroxide 2 1440.jpg
      2.4 MB · Views: 11
    Top Bottom