• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The Long Islanders are all willing to throw away their rights, but the survey takers as a whole seem quite committed to preserving their Constitutional rights.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Very interesting survey, but considering News Day is New York City it would have been nice to see 4.5 million responses instead of 1489 but the numbers are heavily skewed in our direction.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The thing is, Newsday is a completely untrustworthy organization. They have been caught outright in journalistic lies, as well as a huge scandal regarding their circulation numbers. Newspapers generate their advertising rates by their circulation -- more papers, broader audience, higher rates -- and Newsday inflated theirs by almost 100%.

That article is a lie, out and out. The poll reflects more truth than the article.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Very interesting survey, but considering News Day is New York City it would have been nice to see 4.5 million responses instead of 1489 but the numbers are heavily skewed in our direction.

Actually Newsday is a Long Island regional paper. It covers some NYC stuff, but Newsday and it's broadcast sister News 12 Long Island focus primarily on issues and happenings on Long Island.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I learned something. Apparently exploding bullets are not illegal.

What, you didn't hear?? You can get them at gun shows no questions asked...

It's amazing just how little the media knows about firearms or firearms laws.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    What, you didn't hear?? You can get them at gun shows no questions asked...

It's amazing just how little the media knows about firearms or firearms laws.

Well look at how they framed the semi-auto ban question..."semi-automatics that reload automatically each time you pull the trigger..." If that isn't designed to make the ignorant equate semi-auto with full-auto than I'm a chocolate popsicle named Lucinda.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Thanks for posting. Whenever I take these I always say I am not an nra member and don't own a gun. I think they use those questions to dq gun owners from their "target audience" responses. Just a thought.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I answer honestly. No guns, NRA member.

I think they must have taken their poll results early and run with them. The stuff they published is like 65/35 in favor of bans. I was like, "What'd they do, poll the editorial staff and report the results?"

Top Bottom