• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Minor fender bender in my "brand new car" on...Tuesday morning. I think it was Tuesday. May have been Wednesday. Not sure.

Was distracted by watching my daughter walk to the bus stop / watching neighbor kid run after to catch up. Backing out of my driveway I rolled off the rolling curb and super low speed backed right into a neighbor's dump trailer that was parked across my driveway. *sigh*

Then *last* night, I get a series of texts from my mom that my step dad had fallen and was in a LOT of pain and that she herself was hurting from something she did to her back. Apparently he was chainsawing when he got his feet tangled up and then he fell. Took him 30 mins to even figure out how to get to his feet.

Got himself home...

Finally my mom texted me / FB messenger'd me to have me call his brother who lives nearby to come over and help. And then uncle took him to the VA last night. At least 3 broken ribs - they admitted him.

But now he's at the VA in Indy without his phone because it was up stairs and neither of those old parents of mine could get up to get it. And he didn't answer the room phone when I called the VA and was transferred to him.

Mom's cell phone doesn't work at their house - Not even WiFi calling for some reason. They dropped their home phone service.

So here I am at work with all this on my mind. Yay.

Well, time to call the VA and ask for the nurse station where he is and at least see if I can add my # to his file as someone to call.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Apparently pneumonia is a really high side effect / complication from those with broken ribs, especially in seasoned citizens.
    He's been given directions that he's supposed to breath as deeply as he can as often as he can. Was also given a spirometer that he's to measure his deep breathing with. He told me this AM that he's been doing OK...

But one of the first things he did once he got home the other day was light up a cancer stick. *sigh*

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Thanks all.

I spent most all day yesterday at their house/farm/shop properties mowing. In 45 degree weather. After all day rains on Monday. In like 30mph wind gusts. I had to wear my insulated bibs, big insulated thermal flannel jacket, and stocking cap. I didn't zip the jacket though, I'm no wimp.

Mom said that he was walking and acting "better" yesterday than he has been. So that's definitely a win.

Spending 5 hours on a wonky 23 year old Hustler ZTR isn't so much a win. :-D

Top Bottom