Has anyone gotten a gift like this for construction work?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    My boss is a great guy and we get along great. He knows that I have a thing for handguns, long guns, and knives and gives me my choice of what I would like to have as a bonus every so often. Of course, I am self-employed so that might have something to do with it. :):dunno:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I was just reading a thread on a Civil War site started by a guy that got paid for a plumbing job with a US Model 1842 Musket by a widow who's husband collected guns. He was worried about whether he took advantage of her or not, but I thought it was a pretty fair deal all around considering the value he quoted on the work he did.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    My boss is a great guy and we get along great. He knows that I have a thing for handguns, long guns, and knives and gives me my choice of what I would like to have as a bonus every so often. Of course, I am self-employed so that might have something to do with it. :):dunno:
    I was wondering where this was going but now it makes total sense!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    My employer told me if I get caught carrying a gun at work again, I'd be terminated, he's caught me twice since.
    I'll accept my employment as a gift from him.
    Ha, years ago, my old Boss ask for access to my EDC that stayed in my tool box.
    The employee that he had just fired said that he was coming back to burn down the store??
    Good for us-that never happened...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My employer told me if I get caught carrying a gun at work again, I'd be terminated, he's caught me twice since.
    I'll accept my employment as a gift from him.
    Wow.
    I used to work for a small medical electronics/"skunkworks" type company, and always had a Colt Govt Model .45ACP pistol or a S&W .357 Magnum revolver in my thick tool briefcase.
    My bosses knew and had no problem.
    Our machinist also had a Colt Government Model .45ACP.
    It was a joke around the place that the machinist and I would have any crook who came in there in a "crossfire". LOL

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    My boss is kind of a jerk in that he is always trying to talk me out of all those hankerings, trying to tell me I should be out of debt, that I have enough stuff, or should be reinvesting in the business. Kind of tit for tat on who wins. Of course, I'm self employed as well. Someone may need therapy.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Was a Service Manager about 20 years ago. Had to fire an employee who got progressively more weird. The day I had to fire him brought a PPKS in 380. Was putting it in my desk drawer when the Parts manager saw me and laughed. He motioned me into his office, he had a 9mm Beretta in his drawer. Went to the morning meeting with the Branch Manager to discuss the firing and he showed us his 1911 he brought in.

The employee was fired without incident and never returned.

Don

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Sounds like a great company.

It was the worst place I ever worked. The owner was an arrogant, self centered manipulative cheat.
    Example: My wife had surgery, on the way home stop to pick up meds, insurance is no good. Pay cash, call the office. "must be a mistake we will get it taken care of". Happens to several other employees and us again.

Turns out he was deducting money and not paying the premiums. When I left we got a bill for $1100. Decided to just pay it and move on. Ran into another employee couple years later, they sued him and he was arrested and forced to pay restitution.

Made a huge deal about tool inventories for our road techs, so they were covered by theft insurance. I submitted them, they weren't organized correctly. Resubmitted, wrong format. Third time was a charm, only took 3 months.

Well we get broken into and service trucks emptied. I call the police and give them copies of the inventories, give copies to the techs involved, call the owner who promises to file for reimbursement. 6 months lots of run around and he says insurance is not going to pay. Turns out thy paid in 2 weeks of the robbery and he keep the money, thousands of dollars. Got sued again and had to pay restitution.

Don

Top Bottom