www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Posting on PD Eve so I dont forget.

I'll be sipping bourbon and relaxing as I listen to Dave tell the history of how we REALLY came to be America on Tuesday morning, April 19, 1775.

If you havent watched this, I highly recommend it. And its worth showing to your teens (if you can keep their attention for 90 minutes or so.)

And the cool thing is if you have been on INGO a while and been to meet and eats/shoots you can play "spot the INGOer" I recognize at least 4 including myself. This was shot during the first NRAAM in Indy back in 2016.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Posting on PD Eve so I dont forget.

I'll be sipping bourbon and relaxing as I listen to Dave tell the history of how we REALLY came to be America on Tuesday morning, April 19, 1775.

If you havent watched this, I highly recommend it. And its worth showing to your teens (if you can keep their attention for 90 minutes or so.)

And the cool thing is if you have been on INGO a while and been to meet and eats/shoots you can play "spot the INGOer" I recognize at least 4 including myself. This was shot during the first NRAAM in Indy back in 2016.

Thank you for posting this.

For those whom may think the video is too long, I encourage you to reconsider.

I do wish he would have spent more time on Issac Davis and Samuel Whittemore. Perhaps that's just me.

I often wonder what Benjamin Frankiln would have to say about abraham lincoln.

Regardless, this much I know....the defense of Liberty is never over...it is never "won" in the sense folks seem to think of "winning" in our time.

It is a constant defense.

Now an unshameful plug.... If you have not been to a Revere's Riders or Appleseed event, please consider it....take a young person with you too. The basic marksmanship lessons are top notch and the history lessons are as well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thank you for posting this.

For those whom may think the video is too long, I encourage you to reconsider.

I do wish he would have spent more time on Issac Davis and Samuel Whittemore. Perhaps that's just me.

I often wonder what Benjamin Frankiln would have to say about abraham lincoln.

Regardless, this much I know....the defense of Liberty is never over...it is never "won" in the sense folks seem to think of "winning" in our time.

It is a constant defense.

Now an unshameful plug.... If you have not been to a Revere's Riders or Appleseed event, please consider it....take a young person with you too. The basic marksmanship lessons are top notch and the history lessons are as well.
    AMEN!!!!
    Its long but its an easy watch/listen. I must have watched this dozens if not a hundred times by now. Dave is an incredible storyteller, and is VERY engaging. The story of the birth of our nation is compelling. As he says, few countries can point to an exact time, an exact place, and an exact moment in which they became a country. But we can.

Commit to watch the first 20 minutes. If you aren't entertained by then, just shut it off. But I would bet if you are a patriot, you'll not want to stop.

And you will learn all kinds of things they didnt teach you in school.

And if you want to improve your rifle marksmanship, Definitely attend either of the groups rifle clinics. I guarantee you will walk out a better shot, and pick up some history lessons in the process.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I HIGHLY recommend it.

Great basic marksmanship. Great history discussions.

Take a young person with you too. Excellent father/mother/aunt/uncle/ child event.
    In the process of my first Appleseed and I took TWO little ones. And it couldn’t be a better week, very moving. Did a firing tribute today for those that gave all 4-19-1775. Hearing the stories of these “regular” people, really can make one feel inadequate.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    is it worth doing appleseed and RR?

also is there any other way to hear the speaker more?
    I'd do one or the other. (they teach the same techniques and tells the same stories)

Unless you live near the border of IN, you wont find Appleseed events. There are no Indiana Appleseed instructors in IN anymore to my knowledge. (out of state instructors travel to ranges close to the border)

Ive trained with both. Today I'd recommend Revere's Riders. I dont know any current Appleseed instructors.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I'd do one or the other. (they teach the same techniques and tells the same stories)

Unless you live near the border of IN, you wont find Appleseed events. There are no Indiana Appleseed instructors in IN anymore to my knowledge. (out of state instructors travel to ranges close to the border)

Ive trained with both. Today I'd recommend Revere's Riders. I dont know any current Appleseed instructors.
    The Revere's Riders cadre I have dealt with have been top notch.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Too bad the Democrat idiots in positions of power in this country have forgotten all about the founding principles upon which the USA was founded and even more so have forgotten their oath of office which does, more often than not, include words to uphold the Constitution of the United States. Rant, true but needed to be said!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Too bad the Democrat idiots in positions of power in this country have forgotten all about the founding principles upon which the USA was founded and even more so have forgotten their oath of office which does, more often than not, include words to uphold the Constitution of the United States. Rant, true but needed to be said!

It's far from just the Democrats.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012

There is Appleseed in Indiana. I just finished my first one ever and I highly recommend it to anyone that hasn’t done it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There is Appleseed in Indiana. I just finished my first one ever and I highly recommend it to anyone that hasn’t done it.
    Interesting. Glad to see they are picking up instructors again here. But are you sure your instructors were actually Hoosiers and not someone who crossed the border to teach here? Last time I looked (last summer) I only saw classes in places like Evansville, Ft Wayne, etc. All within 20 miles of a neighboring state. Nothing in places deeper into the state.

But like I said. Take either. Both excellent classes.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    There were multiple instructors from NWI, one from Indy, Michigan, and IL
    Interesting. Glad to see they are picking up instructors again here. But are you sure your instructors were actually Hoosiers and not someone who crossed the border to teach here? Last time I looked (last summer) I only saw classes in places like Evansville, Ft Wayne, etc. All within 20 miles of a neighboring state. Nothing in places deeper into the state.

But like I said. Take either. Both excellent classes.

Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville

I finished an Appleseed yesterday near Evansville. All but one of the instructors were Hoosiers. The non Hoosier was stationed at Fort Knox. Some of them have been with the program since it's inception.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom