Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Sig P320 .357 sigs have been on my mind for awhile now. I will probably be pulling the trigger on one in the near future.
    I really like it. Mine is the 'carry' version with the tritium night sights. It's a bit heavy but I like that, helps with the recoil. I swapped out the black frame for the ODG frame. Meh. Sig's ODG is too dark IMHO. All in all, it's the nicest handgun I've owned. I had a Springfield .40 SD but it was too big to conceal carry comfortably. Loved the shootability of it, but... I migrated to a Springfield 9mm SD compact. Too snappy. After a couple of varmint incidents I wasn't overly impressed with using a 9mm. I read that numerous PDs were using the .357 Sig in areas where attack dogs were prevalent, with great success. Living in a rural area I see coyotes periodically, hence my decision. Not to mention the stellar ballistics of the round in general.

Last edited:

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Buddy at work laughed when I bought my first gun 6 years ago (Walther PPQ) and said, "This will be the only gun I will own or need". I now own 6 pistols & 2 rifles. lol

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Something you think would be easy, anyone can do it. Um, yeah right. It's like I used to think interior decorators were a wasted investment. Uh, no, dumbass. lol
    I know what I want, and eventually will get there, but, I can't visualize it in my head. Expensive way to do it if you have to redo it several times to get what you want. LMAO! Oh, well. Like I've said on here many times, "The one thing good about learning things the hard way; you learn them well".

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I just read a number of "How To Photograph Firearms" articles. One of them specifically mention using a darker backdrop/background to let the gun pick up the light
    Well, now that you mention it, that makes sense. Why did I think a white background would be key? lol

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Something you think would be easy, anyone can do it. Um, yeah right. It's like I used to think interior decorators were a wasted investment. Uh, no, dumbass. lol
    I know what I want, and eventually will get there, but, I can't visualize it in my head. Expensive way to do it if you have to redo it several times to get what you want. LMAO! Oh, well. Like I've said on here many times, "The one thing good about learning things the hard way; you learn them well".
    Amen to "You learn to do them well"! I posted that photo of my 6920 a couple days ago... I took 56 photos and ended up with 4 good ones. sigh- Learn to do them well, indeed!

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Amen to "You learn to do them well"! I posted that photo of my 6920 a couple days ago... I took 56 photos and ended up with 4 good ones. sigh- Learn to do them well, indeed!
    It is a challenge to get good shots every time I do it. I have 3 skylights in my studio (AKA Living Room) so I use the ambient light from that, typically.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Glock 40.png
    Well, I suppose that's a little better. Just used ambient light coming from window. And, had to block light coming in directly on it.
    Yeah, I think there is only so much you can do without the right environment & software.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom