Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW
    Witness 10mm
    IMG_9482.jpg

IMG_9483.jpg

Witness Target Comp .45, have it's twin in .38 Super. Blast to shoot!

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9488.jpg

Sig P228
    IMG_9489.jpg

P38 all matching Nazi proofed.
    IMG_9491.jpg

Browning High Power all original with matching holster.

IMG_9498.jpg

Walther P5 9mm. Left sided ejection.

IMG_9476.jpg

IMG_9478.jpg
    Did you buy the Browning from a member ? Looks like one I had ??

Reverin0ats27

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 17, 2021
    South Bend, Indiana
    CZ-52, CZ wood grips, Novac fiber optic sights...Mega-Mag magazines (unlike Triple-K these work flawlessly), trigger lightly worked by me. Cheapest handgun to shoot other than a 22 and much more fun. This is my BOB handgun, 10 magazines and Wolf Gold JHP.

cz52z.jpg
    Beautiful gun, looks like a makarov with a longer barrel/slide, although i bet its infinitely more reliable.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    My just completed folding 5.56mm NATO AR-15 Pistol . . .
    Bought the upper complete and built the lower.
    • Upper: Palmetto State Armory with 7.5" barrel, BCG and Charging Handle
    • Sight: Holosun HS407A3 Red Dot on UTG RMR Picatinny riser
    • Lower Receiver: Stripped 17 Design IFLR with H2 buffer (Mil-Spec)
    • Trigger: Giessele 2-Stage
    • Lower Parts Kit: Aero Precision Mil-Spec sans trigger and grip
    • Buffer Tube: Aero Precision Mil-Spec Carbine with spring and buffer (used the 17 Design custom buffer)
    • Pistol Grip: MagPul MOE AR Grip
    • Pistol Brace: Mil-Spec Mission First Tactical Minimalist Blade, with Velcro strap added to hold forearm to brace fin
    • Magazine: MagPul Gen 2.
    Lower went together quite well. Had no trouble with the Aero Precision parts. I'd never assembled one from parts before. Tools required were minimal and inexpensive. Already had the common stuff such as punches and Allen wrenches. The biggest challenge was the trigger hammer and its extremely strong spring. The Giessele 2-stage hammer also has a special spring clip that goes on one side to hold the hammer pin in place to prevent it from walking out. Trigger pin is held in place by the hammer spring. The MFT brace fin bolts onto the buffer tube. Takedown and pivot pins were initially a bit tight and stiff, but have gotten easier with some lube and use, which I attribute to the phosphate finish. Bolt catch on the lower is held in with screw versus traditional roll pin. Screw went in without any problems. The rear takedown pin detent and spring are under the pistol grip instead of under the buffer tube end plate due to the folding mechanism. Cut down the standard spring slightly, tapped the hole for it with a 4-40 tap and used a small hex head screw to hold the spring in. One less spring to sproing out if I remove the grip (other one is the safety detent spring). Upper came with A2 cage flash suppressor. With such a 7.5" barrel, there will be a fireball and louder report than with longer barrels. A CMMG Zeroed Linear Compensator is en route and will be installed when it arrives. Redirects blast forward, reduces rise some, and suppresses most of the flash fireball. Need to do an initial barrel cleaning and then get it out to the range. Put a boresight in and aligned zeroed the Holosun with it in a 50 foot long hallway in my home. That gets it into the ballpark for 25 yard zeroing on the range - which should then set it to a 25-300 yard point blank range. I've never used a red dot before and it's the bees knees compared to looking through M16/M4 iron sights.

Now I need a violin case for it.

Edit:
    It will easily pass the ATF 4999 Braced Pistol Evaluation Form if it's implemented as proposed.

Unfolded for use . . .
    IMG_1227 2048.jpg

Folded for storage . . .
    IMG_1231 2048.jpg

Last edited:

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Had an ammo issue that sent me looking for 380ACP. It's over in the ammo thread. Found some close to my kids in Indy so when we went to pick up the grandkids Saturday I stopped at Range USA in Avon to get a box of ammo. Yes, it should've been a $22 trip. Oh well. My wife and I went to an INGO open shoot @ Proteq a few years back and Bigtanker had a MK2 w/10" barrel. My wife was shooting it and he just looked at me and said, "get her one". If you go find the thread it's pretty funny including the part where I'm humbled with the rifle. Cameramonkey brought a LCP for her to try. Everyone was generous and helpful and it was a great day. She settled on a Sig P238 and I have a Kimber Micro and a Glock 42 hence the 380 ACP ammo quest. So back to the current gun. I've been looking for that stupid pistol since the shoot. As I was buying my ammo the clerk asks if there is anything else he can help me with. I said if you can find me a Ruger MKIV with a 10" barrel I'd buy it. He looked me in the eye and said follow me. He pointed to the bottom of the case and said, "do you mean like this"? I took one look and said let's do the paperwork. What are the freaking odds? Wife texted me from the van and said I needed to hurry because she needed to go. I told her to shut off the van and come inside. After she was done she walked over and saw it and said ,"no way"! I said oh yes and we're buying it. Spent some time at the range today and as my wife was shooting the first magazine a couple was next to us and the wife flashes two fingers and two fingers again. I nodded and said .22. She said that I'd better look out after looking at my wife's target. I said, "If you think that's good you should see her with a rifle". Went to Smokey Bones after the range. What a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_1766.jpg
      IMG_1766.jpg
      95.4 KB · Views: 15

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Very nice.
    Back in 1993 IIRC I bought a Russian Makarov it was in like new condition. It had a spare magazine, and holster. I paid $89+ governor's fee.
    I sold it later on for $150. Now I kick myself for doing that every time I see one.

A surplus Russian and/or a "sneak" Makarov remain high on my want list. The commercial Russian IJ70 is very nice, but doesn't quite scratch my itch.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    2nd AR-15 Pistol Build - this one with a non-folding lower - in Libtard Scary Black-Bloc. Put the 7.5" PSA upper and Mission Tactical First Minimalist Blade brace on it first - to start this lower's life as a pistol.

Upper: Palmetto State Armory with 7.5" barrel, BCG and Charging Handle
    • M16A2 flash suppressor replaced with a CMMG Zeroed Linear Compensator to reduce muzzle blast
    • Sight: Holosun HS407A3 Red Dot on UTG RMR Picatinny riser
    • Lower Receiver: Stripped 17 Design (Mil-Spec; no folding mechanism on this one)
    • Trigger: Geissele 2-Stage (very happy with trigger feel - the 1st stage takeup and 2nd stage wall with break)
    • Lower Parts Kit: Aero Precision Mil-Spec sans trigger and grip
    • Buffer Tube: Aero Precision Mil-Spec Carbine with spring and carbine buffer (I have a second buffer that will become an H2)
    • Pistol Grip: M16A2 Mil-Spec
    • Pistol Brace: Mil-Spec Mission First Tactical Minimalist Blade, with Velcro strap added to hold forearm to brace fin
    • Magazine: MagPul Gen 2.
    Aero Precision lower parts kit included a #4-40 hex setscrew for AP lowers that allow holding the rear takedown detent spring captive behind the buffer plate. Prevents it from going sproing to join the socks the dryer ate if the buffer tube is removed. I tapped the hole in the 17 Design lower with a #4-40 tap and used the setscrew. This time around I had the Geissele trigger pin tool this time around when installing the trigger control group. Made it much easier to get the trigger and hammer pins in. A Law Tactical GEN 3-M folding stock adapter is still en route.

I have a 16" upper and carbine stock that I'll put on it next - now that it was officially born (and documented) a Braced Pistol that passes the proposed ATF Form 4999. Even after the Law Tactical folder is added, it will still pass (lengthens pull by an inch). FWIW, ATF has delayed releasing the final rules until December and the recent SCOTUS cases, West Virginia v EPA in particular, may moot the proposed braced pistol rules as unconstitutional - agency rules and rulemaking must be authorized in the Congressional Act that gives the agency its rulemaking authority - an agency can't start legislating on its own. Did these two builds to get them done well in advance of any new ATF Braced Pistol Rules.

AR Pistol #2 - non-folding lower 2048.jpg

John

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A surplus Russian and/or a "sneak" Makarov remain high on my want list. The commercial Russian IJ70 is very nice, but doesn't quite scratch my itch.
    It was a good shooting pistol. 9x18 was super cheap back then. You could by two thousand + rds for a few hundred dollars. IIRC it was around $90 for 1000rds.
    Very well made pistol and easy to field strip and clean.

Top Bottom