• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I'm gonna be either buying, or building some sort of rack, to hold my handguns in my new safe. I'm curious as to what options are out there. I've done the searches and like that, but most of the offerings have no reviews.

Anyone care to offer suggestions?

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Been thinking about the same thing.. Depends on the safe and what kind of room you have. I was in San Antonio last weekend and hit the gunshow there, they had a large velcro sheet attached to the inside of the safe door with holsters velcroed on, neat idea, $50. My safe has a simple shelf, I was thinking of simply taking a piece of wood and cutting/drilling holes for the muzzle of the pistols to go through with the gun butts sitting on the shelf, if you can picture it, all of the handguns standing up as it were. Another thought was simply bending some heavy gauge wire in a Z type bend that would hang on the shelf and the rod would go up the barrel and the pistol would hang, of course the rod would be covered with some heatshrink or tubing...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Depends on the safe and what kind of room you have. I was in San Antonio last weekend and hit the gunshow there, they had a large velcro sheet attached to the inside of the safe door with holsters velcroed on, neat idea, $50.

If you get a Johnson Safe, which just happens to be an INGO supporter, you get a pegboard on the inside of the door. You can hang up 30 pistols (ask me how I know) on the safe door.:D

Plus, Jeff will build you extra shelves for your safe if you ask him real nice and bring him food.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I used one of the shelves that came in my safe and made a pistol stand with it. I cut a 4" strip off of one end, cut notches in it to cradle my pistols, then screwed it to the other piece of the shelf that was left over. I then wrapped the stand with the carpet that the shelf was covered in. It was cheap, matches the inside of my safe, and works well.

Top Bottom